Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2010

extrapages

Mine are

1. Tsinghua

2. Zhejiang

3. Beida

I spoke to someone at Tsinghua and she said I wasn't on their list (zhou 老师:62773076, incase anyone wants to call and ask). Apparently 唐立老师 is the contact at Zhejiang University so I have emailed her/him. My visa expires on the 19th so hopefully will find out in the next week otherwise an impromptu trip to Hong Kong will be required. Does anyone know whether, if a letter of admission is issued in Zhejiang I can process my visa in Beijing? or will I need to actually go down to Hangzhou in the next fortnight? ayeesh :)

Hey Peiruo, If I'm not mistaken, 唐立老师 has no longer work for Zhejiang Uni.

If you are applying for language program try:

Ms ZHOU Yan Tel: +86-571-87951718 E-mail: yzhou@zju.edu.cn

Mr ZHUO Jiantong Tel: +86-571-87951718 E-mail: kt_taku@zju.edu.cn

Ms SUN Lin Tel: +86-571-87953089 E-mail: linsun@zju.edu.cn

It's from the website of International College of Zhejiang University

But let me know if 唐立老师 has answered. I have to contact 蔡老师 cause I'm applying for the MBBS program. But he didn't answer my email.

YAAAAAAY!!! I just heard back from CSC, and got in for language training at Nanjing Normal University and a PhD at Tsinghua. (It was about time, over 6 months.) So excited la. Yippeee! I expect everyone who applied in the UK should be hearing from CSC soon, especially if you were nominated.

I spoke with Nankai University, Tianjin Normal University, Beijing Institute of Technology.

Anyway I applied to Tianjin university, and Zhejiang University. My friend applied for Tianjin University, Nankai University and China Art University.

After what I saw this week, I can see that CSC is trying to match things up well, but there is large room for errors in the system if you don't have a host campus in your home country work things out for you. Otherwise it seems you will fall into the category of just be happy you got a scholarship and its the luck of the draw.

From speaking with some others it seems some of the larger schools like Tsinghua are getting picky on who the accept and might be returning the applications back to CSC. After going thru this a few times I think getting pre approved is a better way to up your chances of getting to go where you want. Still not a guarantee but avoids a few issues.

Hello!

I have applied the Eu scholarship. I will travel to a foreign (non-EU) country in the middle of July and I return in the second part of August.So I have to make the important papers now.

Does anyone know which papers do I have to send to Belgium if I get the scholarship?Only the medical examination papers? Or should I do the visa as well?

Is it sure that the results will be posted on the chinamissin.be? Please if somebody gets a positiv answer by post write it!

They asked for a ready-to-post envelope, but from my country (Hungary) it is impossible to send it to Belgium (neither the DHL neither the Fedex). Do you think that I am refused immediatelly, so I dont have to worry about the results? :)

I am looking forward to every useful comments!

谢谢

How does the CSC notify you if you've been accepted or not?

I'm leaving on a Canadian fishing trip next Wednesday and will be out of phone/email range for an entire week. I'm worried that the CSC will try to contact me during this time and I won't be able to get the notification. Is this going to be a problem for me?

How does the CSC notify you if you've been accepted or not?

I'm leaving on a Canadian fishing trip next Wednesday and will be out of phone/email range for an entire week. I'm worried that the CSC will try to contact me during this time and I won't be able to get the notification. Is this going to be a problem for me?

No they will mail the information to you. If it is longer than a week it could be a problem as they typically do verify your contact information and acceptance before sending out your forms and info. Also you need to have time to get everything and arrive by the end of August for some courses. In the past some received their forms by July 7th, other I think by July 21st.

From what I understand the group you apply through will notify you, if you applied through the school they will notify you or the embassy if that is the way you applied. Both might call or email you. But CSC is the one that sends out the info to them to send to you if I am correct.

Edited by benhadad

At this point I haven't gotten confirmation that I have been approved so I don't think my status of my application reflects any confirmation. I do know my first choice as a school did not receive my information from CSC and neither did my 3rd choice. The only thing I did receive was from the embassy saying they did mail my information off this year to CSC. Last year my application (an exact duplicate of the one I used this year) somehow didn't meet the embassy's approval, but this year it did?. Anyway the embassy aside, I know CSC got my information. I also applied directly though the school, but they were waiting on my other paperwork (with the notarized copies etc) to come to them from CSC which hasn't happened yet. I believe they will contact CSC directly if the time gets too close (sometime in late July) for the information if it is not given to them.

So I suppose my advice for future individuals is start developing guanxi with the future school of your choice well before you apply. I have been at this for 3 years now and without guanxi I don't think I would have gotten anywhere. At least now I understand where things get hung up in the process a lot better. So it seems to apply and get accepted first, then send you CSC scholarship info in with your acceptance letter. Have the school talk to the embassy to make sure your application material gets sent to CSC and not left behind. Of course some people look really good on paper however in person they will kill the deal; for you I would stick strictly to written interaction and the semi-anonymous application process.

@ Randims

唐立老师 heads up the China Scholarships Council office at Zhejiang University. I emailed everyone on the language program list first and Zhou Yan replied to say I should email tangli laoshi.

Then 唐立老师 replied to say I wasn't on their approved scholar list. How set in stone do we think these lists are? Are they being added to or have they been finalised?

I have been advised by my first and second preferences that I am not on their list and I am starting to feel anxious! I'm giving it till Thursday before I cut my losses and pay for another semester at Tsinghua, otherwise I am going to have to leave to get a new visa.

Hello Marietta, I'm also from Hungary. Funny talking to you in Engllish, never mind. I don't know if your application is accepted like this, but i could send an envelope. The bigger post offices in Budapest (mint a keletinél lévő) have an option, called válaszdíj szelvény ;) Na mindegy, ezt meg lehetett venni darabonként 400 pénzért, én hármat vagy négyet beledobtam a borítékba, talán elég lesz. Ez úgy működik, hogy akinek elküldöd, az bármelyik európai postán be tudja váltani és így ki van fizetve a postaköltség. Azért szurkolok, hogy így is elfogadják a pályázatod és nyerj :)

Nocsak, nocsak, gyűlnek a magyarul irkálók...:D

Megjegyzem én belga bélyeget küldtem, de az IRC is tökéletes, itt a fórumban is beszéltünk róla még pár hónappal ezelőtt.

Ja és majd engedélyezzétek a "private message" funkciót, hogy nehogy nagyon megrémüljenek az idelátogatók a magyar beírásoktól... B)

Hey guys!!!!

I cant write you in Hungarian 'cause I am not administrated yet, and I suppose the moderator wouldn't accept my hungarian comment:)

How can I allow personal massages?

I am a student of the "Buddhista Főiskola", 3 of us applied for the scholarship, we have been to at least 6 post offices ( Nyugati Pályaudvar, Ecseri, Petőfi Sándor...) and none of theese post offices knew about this option you have told me about :( :( :( I love the Hungarian post office(L)

Never mind next time I will do it this way, but I hope I'll gain the Hungarian-Chinesee Scholarship now:)

Azért még itt leszek, írjátok meg, hogy megkaptátok e!

Szurkolok!

I cant write you in Hungarian 'cause I am not administrated yet, and I suppose the moderator wouldn't accept my hungarian comment:)

How can I allow personal massages?

I'll do that for you now, but please stay in English as much as possible - thanks!