Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2010

extrapages

I have a few quite stupid questions regarding the EU-Window:

What do we have to do with the Physichal Examination Form?

I mean, we don't have to send it to Brussels or to the Uni, do we? We just have to have it done for the visa application, right?

Plus, what kind or "extra examinations" do we have to do?

I've had a laboratorium tests (blood, urine) and chest X-Ray few months ago, so I don't have to redo these, but what else... AIDS, Syphilis, and...?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

(And no, I haven't received the letter yet, I'm just making preparations X"D )

while i am not 100% American (second generation VBA) I was an infant when I came to the US. I have two questions.

1. I was told I was accepted and I think it is for a master program.

So will my new wife get a visa with mine or how does that situation work? We haven't finish doing the name change etc and have a marriage certificate, but i heard you need it translated or something. I also heard master students get their own rooms with bathroom.

2. If you look somewhat different than the picture you submitted will it be a problem? I had my hair bleached and some make up to bring out my "white" side. However when I move I plan to blend in more because I heard the Chinese tend to discriminate.

3. Can you wait till you get there to do the health test? Or how does that work?

4. I was told I had a school in Beijing but not the exact one, I didn't apply for any school in Beijing (applied for zhengjian) so don't have a clue who to call. Or will I just need to wait for my info.

• Like 1

Got a rejection email on Friday, it said the scholarship was very competitive this year, and I did not win. Oh wwell, always next year.

No e-mail for me, so I'm hoping that's a good thing :mellow: staying optimistic. Maybe Sarpedon got that e-mail more to confirm his mailing address where the rejections were straight forward and already sent out. Assumptions won't get me anywhere, but I'll have to wait until Tuesday to hear from the D.C. embassy.

I also received the acceptance/address confirmation email from the Chinese Embassy in the US. This forum was a great help. Thank you all for your contributions. Now I must wait and see where I will be studying in September. Very exciting.

Hello

The medical form is huge..and yes..you need HIV, syphilis, yellow fever..and a lot of other stuffs...i took me like 2 weeks to make all the medical analyzes..and if they are not pleased with what u have done in your country u must make another series of tests in china.medicalformforCIScholarship.pdf

the medical test here is pretty straight forward and easy. It cost around 500yuan depending where the school sends you. In my case it took around 30minutes to complete everything. So if you are sure you don't have Aids or any of the other diseases then you can wait till you get here to take the test. Just keep in mind that if they misdiagnose you for some stupid reason, then you have to go home. So I would say it's worth the hassle to do it at home if it's not much more than here. otherwise you might go thru the whole process and they forget to stamp it somewhere an you have to redo it anyway.

@brian us

Last year I never got a rejection email. just no email. the only rejection email I saw was when I wrote in and asked. So i am wondering if those getting them now are one who wrote in an asked?

• Like 1

Just got this e-mail from the contact in D.C.:

Brian

CSC told me the selection of you and another candidate hasn't finished. They are still waiting the result from the universities.

To save time, they told me the result of the other applicants and we are still waiting for the result of you and another student.

TALK ABOUT PRESSURE!!!

Just got another e-mail saying there is no time frame for results...so the waiting game continues. Can someone give me any good news on this? Such as, are more people denied at the university level or at the CSC office?

I don't feel too good about it as my choices were:

Qinghua

Beijing University

Renmin

Seems from others that those universities are getting picky and as posted earlier, I already went to Qinghua+Beida with them not having my application on file.

Guest moianeponimai

Hi all,

Having haunted this thread for a few days, I thought I'd say hello. I applied for a 1 year Language Student Scholarship to study at Harbin Institute of Technology, and I was delighted to see my name up on the website of the Chinese Mission to the EU. Looking at last year's thread, that would appear to be a final list (I also did the whole counting precisely 100 names thing) but I'm still trying to be stay cautious; nothing about this process feels very... stable, and I won't relax until I get the letter.

Of course, by 'relax', I mean sprint to the hospital and demand an chest x-ray and confirmation that I don't have "Plague" the same day. There's been a lot of whispers here about not-really doing the exam in your home country, but instead getting just getting the form signed off and letting them do it in China. Have I misunderstood? Am I doomed to spend several hundred pounds on unnecessary procedures, or is there a way around this?

Thank you Extrapages and everyone else for a really useful thread (that I only discovered this week... damn).

Good luck everyone who's still waiting for results.

CSC misspelled my name on the visa and acceptance forms. Looks like everything has to go back to China to be corrected again. Sigh :angry:

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to me too. My last name is somewhat unusual. I hope not though!

I never emailed or called the DC embassy about anything before, I just checked my email Friday afternoon and this:

"Dear Candidate,

Thanks for applying for 2010-2011 Chinese Government Scholarship. However, since it's a highly competitive scholarship program, we are very sorry to tell you that you are not accepted by the scholarship program. If you are still interested in studying in China, you can contact the universities in China directly and get ready earlier next year.

Best,

Xiao"

was the full text that they sent me. I'm pretty sure I was rejected due to my age (31 this year B) ), but I will get a hold of Xiao and see if I can get more information. Congrats to all who did receive the scholarship, and good luck to BrianUS I'll be rooting for you! :P

also, the online scholarship application status never changed for me, it still says "Application form has been already recovered. "

Edited by piasano

@Sarpedon

They said I will not get my material for over a week from now. SO I am wondering what info comes in the pack? Do they tell you the program school and contact info? What about accommodations? I am married and need to make sure both me and my wife will be taken care of for Visa/living arrangements. She hasn't changed her name to match mine as we are in the process, is it better for us just to keep it the same as the application and get the marriage certificate authenticated? I know this can take sometime so want to get it done ASAP!

also as mentioned before, when do the classes start and when do we need to be in china?

• Like 1