Chinese-Forums

Anyone want a job teaching in a Chinese university in Shanghai?

Pengyou

I have done a very poor job of teaching (I am very capable but had a lot of issues crop up last semester) so the school is going to transfer me to the main campus and send someone else to this campus. The main campus is actually pretty good but I have discovered that teaching university students is not my "cup of rice" so to speak. If someone had pretty good experience I think i could make it work...let me know quickly. Pay is better than average...but let me know quickly!

I would love to more about the teaching job on offer. i am currently studying at Aberdeen RGU university i am 2nd year student in media studies. I am on a gap year at this moment in time and i have planed to come to china and teach oral English because i feel that changing my degree to a TEFL degree will open the world to me.

I will be in china on the 15th of February on a tourist visa 60 days L visa looking for work. there is all ready a company i have spoken to and they seem to have found me a placement but will not tell me what school and i feel a bit doubtful that this company has my best interests at heart. so a quick round off of who i am.

name: Alan Mcknockiter

D.O.B: 1985-02-06

experience: two years as a manager and trainer for Phones4u

E-Mail: ammcknockiter@aol.com

NO DEGREE (still studying)

but TEFL course done.

picture,CV,Passport,security checks and medical papers on request.

thanks

Alan Mcknockiter

NO. I don't know Shanghainese. Unless, it's teaching English, then maybe.

I have done a very poor job of teaching (I am very capable but had a lot of issues crop up last semester) so the school is going to transfer me to the main campus and send someone else to this campus. The main campus is actually pretty good but I have discovered that teaching university students is not my "cup of rice" so to speak. If someone had pretty good experience I think i could make it work...let me know quickly. Pay is better than average...but let me know quickly!

my "cup of rice"? How about "my "bowl of rice"?"

You do know that "tea" was originally from China, no? Without Chinese people, there'd be no "tea", so "your cup of tea" was originally from China and not from UK, even though the saying "my cup of tea" is of English origin. After the Dutch brought tea back to Europe, Europeans & Indians actually smuggled tea out of China, as they smuggled opium into China at the same time!!!