Chinese-Forums

So what's your favorite song to sing in the karaoke room?

ABCinChina

Wow...old thread. I've widened my range considerably since my last post. Now that I have mix voice and head voice at my disposal, I can sing pretty much any 王力宏 song, and most 周杰倫. It's been a while since I've looked into popular songs though so I only know like 5 year old songs.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I am amazed some of you can sing fast songs and even 牛仔很忙 (I'm looking at you, Lu! :shock:  ). The only Chinese songs I have sung so far (under the shower with just the cat for an audience) are 月亮代表我的心 and 阿里山的姑娘 :wink:

But I just found out there is a popular Chinese Karaoke place in my town, so it's time to start to practicing!

I am amazed some of you can sing fast songs and even 牛仔很忙 (I'm looking at you, Lu! :shock:  ). The only Chinese songs I have sung so far (under the shower with just the cat for an audience) are 月亮代表我的心 and 阿里山的姑娘 :wink:

But I just found out there is a popular Chinese Karaoke place in my town, so it's time to start to practicing!

Your challenge: 范晓萱's 《我要我们在一起》

At least the chorus is easy! :wink:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Too many favorites to just choose one.

I like 那英's 《你是我的人》,《不管有多哭》,《放手》,《我还是不是你的女人》,《毒药》

伍佰's 《爱你一万年》,《爱情的劲头》,《一点点》

苏芮's 《牵手》

Fully agree with Lu that  趙詠華's 《 最浪漫的事》 is awesome.

齐亲's 《大约在冬季》 is a classic that always impresses, and I like to do 《 外面的时间》, too.

齐豫's 《飞鸟与鱼》is cool, as is 《女人与小孩儿》

许美静's 《颜色》

刘若英:《为爱痴狂》,《很爱很爱你》,《对面男生的房间》,《一辈子的孤单》

张宇 has some great songs, as does 苏慧伦 

I also really like 万芳, 刘虹华,刘纯如, 吴明慧, but their songs are harder to find on mainland China (due to being minor acts, or not that popular on mainland China in the case of 万芳)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ooh, 祝福, that's by 张学友, right? Nice song (melody), but I didn't learn to sing it. Shanghai during the mid 90s instead reverbrated appreciably :D to the sound of me wailing his 回头太难; 一千个伤心的理由; and 我等到花儿也谢了. I should learn some recent songs, and this thread seems a good place to start! :):clap

We could do with a new thread called "Post your Chinese X-Factor auditions here" LOL.

Haven't been for a long time but my staples include:

光良 - 童话
周杰伦 - 安静
黄品源 - 你怎么舍得我难过

I think I could sing a lot more if the lyrics were simplified instead of traditional (never understood why that is). Hence adding a new song to my repertoire usually involes memorizing it.

That's one good thing about 我是歌手, they all have simplified lyrics :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh, 祝福, that's by 张学友, right? Nice song (melody), but I didn't learn to sing it. Shanghai during the mid 90s instead reverbrated appreciably :D to the sound of me wailing his 回头太难; 一千个伤心的理由; and 我等到花儿也谢了. I should learn some recent songs, and this thread seems a good place to start! :):clap

Absolutely. I thought it was not too hard to try out.:)

wow: 一千个伤心的理由, now that is a wailing song indeed - but pretty easy to pick up for karaoke. :lol:

Your vocal range must be good for 回头太难 !! Definitely put me to shame. :help

• Like 1

Somewhere I saw 張宇 name come up on youtube.

This song is a favourite of mine - 用心良苦.

You can find a version sung by Andy Lau on youtube who has a more 'normal' vocal range. Hmm, he also did cover of 爱如潮水

Yucks, listening to these mid 90's songs remind of the time when life was less complicated - ahh.

Picked up another song from the 90's - 太傻 by 巫啟賢 use the mandarin version. The cantonese version sounds strange.

wow: 一千个伤心的理由, now that is a wailing song indeed - but pretty easy to pick up for karaoke. :lol:

Your vocal range must be good for 回头太难 !! Definitely put me to shame. :help

Hi Flickserve! The wailing was certainly easier for the former than the latter. I only ploughed thru 回头太难 to help clear me lungs of the air pollution. :D

You've got me thinking now of the hardest karaoke song I've ever sung (well, attempted to sing). Unfortunately that honour has to go to a Japanese one: T.M.Revolution's Out of Orbit - Triple Zero (hmm funnily enough, that was the score the judges gave me, cos my lycra hotpants caught fire about a minute in). You can find the original song n video here (first time I've ever seen it!) http://www.jpopsuki.tv/category/video/TMRevolution---Out-Of-Orbit-%25E3%2580%259CTriple-ZERO%25E3%2580%259C/f8d0cceeb852c06ea3d4ca7d4b732e6d/2 , but the following is probably more what my performance actually sounded like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKaKUIJ0vG0 :(:help:lol: Yes, Sinatra, Aqua, this, WaT ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2egbw5_pmk ), I've "sung" it all! :shock::P

I normally use 酷狗to download musics

I quite like 王若琳's song,she is ABC so most of her songs have English and Chinese versions  For No Reason  Let's start from here《有你的快乐》

王铮亮《时间都去哪儿了》was very popular last year

丁当 《白头吟》 the lyric is from a poem 《洋葱》 《一半》

陈奕迅  most of his songs are Cantonese, some of them have Mandarin version 《K歌之王》《明年今日》《最佳损友》

李玉刚《新贵妃醉酒》

萧潇《爱要坦荡荡》

周杰伦《稻香》

曹格《背叛》

邓紫棋《后会无期》