using them you can limit your search.

平米= square meter

室=room

厅=living room

元=yuan

万=10000 yuans, so 50万 means 500000 yuans

楼层=floor

单价=price for 1 square meter

I don't know about the regulations in Guangzhou but here in Shanghai a foreigner should have lived in China for at least a year before he is allowed to buy an apartment. There are some difficulties for foreigners in terms of buying and selling apartments in China but nothing serious and you should consider the tax when you sell the apartment. I think you should keep the apartment for 2 years before you sell it otherwise the tax will be high. One more thing, It's hard to take a loan as a foreigner unless you are buying the apartment with a Chinese person like your wife or whatever. If you share the ownership then it will be easier.

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Clifford Estates, Panyu. Anything I'd consider decent and want to own starts around 1 million rmb. I rent instead. My current apt. I am renting (1600rmb a month plus utils) is for sale for 600k by the owner, but I wouldn't want to own this particular one.

Edited by BrandeX

They are asking 500x selling price over the monthly renting price? Not sure about Guangzhou market, but compared to worldwide standards that seems really high. They are either asking waaaay to much for that, or you're getting a really good deal on rent.

You live in 祈福新村 ?

Since the apartment you are now renting meets your requirements, why not buy it straight?

It does not, and I don't have that kind of money anyway. For something approaching 100k USD if I had that kind of cash, I'd go back to northern MN and get a 5+ bedroom home on a lake with garage, and many acres of land, etc. before a little apt. in China.

I live in MN (SE MN, though), and you can't get that for 100k. Several acres by a lake, yes, but you're not going to get much of a house. Maybe 200k if you're OK living in the middle of nowhere.