Chinese-Forums

First episode 70 : 爱情公寓 iPartment

pom45i

• 11 months later...

There was a story about iPartment in an Australian newspaper this week, explaining the show and saying it was coming under fire for ripping off American sitcoms too shamelessly, particularly Friends and The Big Bang Theory (which I had barely even heard of until I discovered it was huge in China).

Australian newspapers have really stepped up their game when it comes to China reporting in the last few years.

• New Members

Hey all,

I just watched the first episode on youtube and it's hilarious. Does anyone have a link to the softsubs? I searched everywhere online and couldn't find it. (The link on 1st post is broken.) Since people put time into making these subs, we should make them available again. Looking forward to watching and polishing up my spoken Chinese at the same time.

Unfortunately, the softsubs were provided by user pom45i, and then megaupload was freedomed by the US authorities and they're gone. pom45i hasn't logged on in 2 years :( Your only hope is if somebody downloaded them and has them lying around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@renzhe

I respectfully disagree. I mean, the first ten episodes are not terribly good, but if you were able to get through the entirety of the second season then they aren't that bad. Just the fact that they removed the annoying new characters and brought back Mei Jia probably marks them as an improvement.

But I agree that season 3 is overall enjoyable.

• 2 months later...

I recently discovered this show and I am enjoying it. However almost all of the links in the startpost are dead. Does anybody still have subtitles or vocabulary lists for this show?

The vocabulary lists link to this very forum but somehow it still doesn't work. Anyone know why?

All the vocabulary links point to this thread, so you just need to go through the thread and you'll find them. The opening post is not complete, I did vocab lists for most of the episodes of the first season.

Softsubs were on megaupload, so they are gone forever (the site got killed, with everything on it). Vikii links (with English subtitles) stopped working for a while, but I think that English-subbed versions are available on Youtube, at least for the first season.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nobody is interested in this? I'm absolutely shocked, what happened?

Season 4 is on youtube in 1080p:

The laughs are still there and comparable to previous seasons, video quality is perfect, what is everybody waiting for?