Chinese-Forums

First episode 70 : 爱情公寓 iPartment

pom45i

• 4 weeks later...

So, finished season 4.

If you've seen some of this, you know exactly what to expect. Some cultural references, some bizarre fantasy stuff, some American sitcom ripoffs, etc. Pretty enjoyable overall.

The last two episodes are collages with material from previous episodes, not worth checking. Episode 22 ends with a cliffhanger, so there is likely to be a 5th season.

• 4 years later...

I'm currently looking for transcripts for the first season of 愛情公寓 and have so far not come up with anything. All the links from this first post here are already dead, was wondering if anyone still has the scripts in text or subtitles format?

• 5 weeks later...

Here's some exciting news for fans of the series: an 爱情公寓 movie will be releasing on the 10th of August of this year (2018)! Here's a link to the

trailer.

Unfortunately, it is missing long-time fan favourite 关谷 (which seems to be due to a clash of filming commitments), but at least we'll finally get a conclusion to the cliffhanger.

爱情公寓.jpg

• 1 year later...

On 7/21/2018 at 4:45 AM, StChris said:

I would have preferred a full 5th series

Well, I got what I asked for and a 5th series has already started broadcasting, but as the old adage goes, be careful what you wish for! Series 5 only came to my attention today as it is the subject of my favourite 吐槽 youtube channel:

又双叒叕抄袭的爱情公寓5,前几集真的好难看啊

Featuring on that channel is never a good sign, and its 豆瓣 score is only 5.2 after 14 episodes. The other 4 series averaged between 7 and 8, but at least it's better than the movie, which has a score of just 3.1! Ah well, at least a learnt a cool new phrase, 又双叒叕 (again and again). I look forward to teaching it to my Chinese teacher tomorrow, who always feels old when I use these 00后phrases, haha.

Even though it seems that only 3 of the original cast have returned, I'll still probably give it a try. Currently available on aiqiyi:

https://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rw6qb4po.html?vfm=2008_aldbd

• 8 months later...

@roddyI watched all of it ? (it was one of my Chinese lockdown time-passers). For anyone new to the series, I would just recommend watching any of the first 4 series, but I think it's worth a watch for anyone who has already seen them all. While it's the worst season of the show, it's not such a huge drop in quality as to be painful to watch (I don't watch any of the new Simpsons for this reason). I heard that they stopped ripping off jokes and storylines from classic American sitcoms, which may explain why it isn't as funny as previous seasons.

Of the three new characters they introduced, 诸葛大力 (the cute 学霸) is the one who brings the most to the show and fits in pretty well. I also quite liked 咖喱酱, who is like a younger 陈美嘉, but a little more naive and without the anger issues. The new male character doesn't really add anything, and I've already forgotten his name.

From a language perspective, just like the previous series it has lots of references to new cultural trends and modern slang (the kind you have to baidu rather than search in a dictionary), so I think it was worth watching for that reason alone. If you're just watching for fun however, maybe give it a miss.

• Like 1