FRENCH FRIES

HAMBURGER

HASHBROWNS

HOTCAKES AND SAUSAGE with Butter and Syrup

McCHICKEN SANDWICH

MILKSHAKE

VANILLA ICE CREAM CONE

Thanks!

does mcd's even have breakfast items on the menu in china? back in the day when i was a student in china, there were no breakfast items. nonetheless mcd's still opened early and served the typical burgers, chicken shit, fries, etc. actually mcd's was about the best place to get "real" coffee in beijing rather than nescafe trash.

I think website's posts are all quite weird. He/she doesn't seem to try to find out the information (use a dictionary, search on the internet, etc) before asking.

The Chinese terms can be found on the website of HK McDonald's. If it is the terms used in the Mainland in simplified Chinese that are required, take a look at its mainland website (the pinyin is easy to find if one is willing to use a dictionary).

Yeah, they have a breakfast menu - sausage and egg burgers and the like. KFC also have a similar one.

Roddy

PS This is what I have learnt while walking past fast food restaurants on my way to get my authentic Chinese breakfast of baozi and soya milk . . .

I have to confess. I went into the local McD's once. Purely in the interests of research! I've never been in England!

It was easy to find. Just follow the smell of rancid fat. (I know and agree. McD's doesn't usually smell, but this one does!)

When I eventually battled through the crowds swarming around the order points, the girl ran away! AAAAAgh! It's a Laowai!

Soon, someone more sympathetic came to serve me. I placed my simple order for a couple of hamburgers.

"Would you like a Big Mac Special?" (In Chinese, of course. No problem.)

"No, I want two hamburgers, like I said."

"Would like a deep fried grease ball special?" (Ok, maybe I mistranslated that one!")

"How about a saturated fat and cholesterol sandwich garnished with grease?" (OK. My translation skills are going downhill by the second!)

"How about....."

I never heard the answer to that one.

I left and went next door to the the local Xi'an fast food place and had a couple of Niu Rou Ziran Jiamo. Quarter of the price. Faster service. Better food.

And they didn't treat me like a moron who didn't know what they wanted to order!

A curse on McD's!

I've noticed that in China they translate the McDonalds "I'm loving it" slogan into " 我就喜欢".

Would a more accurate translation of the Chinese slogan be "I'm liking it" rather than "I'm loving it"?

Unlike modern day american english, which has been slangified much over the past centuries, we literally mean love when we say it.

"I love it [wallpaper]" means I like it, in chinese, it probably would mean you fell in love (literally) with the wallpaper.

something along the lines of that.

Also, anyone know the real word for mcdonalds in mandarin? The people I know used the word "mcdonald", but in a heavy chinese accent. Is that how you say it or ?