Chinese-Forums

Help me please, what word is this?

nowhere

Hi guys, thanks to all of you for posting in this thread. :D

@ skylee: Yeah, I've been reading some manhua's for 2 months :D. I find this is the best way to get familiar with Chinese for a noob like me. I tried news articles and autobiographies before but they often go with quite a lot of complicated words and grammatical structures so I gave up. Once having a better grasp of Chinese I will get back to them. At the moment it takes me 2 - 2.5 hours just to read a 30-something page manhua chapter, which is way too slow :(.

@ Gharial: Your 'sungwh' link is really useful to me :D. Actually I paid a lot of attention to learning the radicals, both simplified and traditional forms. If a picture is clear, I can almost surely recognize all the words in it. The problem is that the manhua scanlations I've been reading online have low-quality pages here and there so sometimes it happens that I can't get some words. For example, the word 赢 was so blurry in the original picture that I couldn't tell what its radical was. The same goes for 覺. I couldn't figure out that the radical was 見 because in the picture there were 2 strokes that were printed with so little space between them that the radical looked like a different one to me :D.

Where are you getting these scanlations? I assume by "scanlation" you mean that these manhua are originally not Chinese. Are they translated into Chinese from a bunch of different languages? What are you reading now, for instance? I ask, because I may want to have a look at a few as well.

Hi Glenn, there're many Chinese sites that provide manhua scanlations. The one I often visit is comic.sky-fire.com. All the manhua's I've been reading are translated into Chinese from other languages, mostly from Japanese and some from Korean. The fastest way to find Chinese manhua scanlations is googling the name of a series in Chinese, for example: Naruto - 火影忍者, Bleach - 死神, One Piece - 海贼王, etc.