Chinese-Forums

zdt2go filter

suhrid.suhrid

i have been using the zdt2go java application for my GRE preparation. i have made a dictionary with the GRE book 'word smart'. since the midlet is under GNU, i think this is not a violation of licence !

well i know nothing of java or any other programming.

the problem is i am not understanding, how the filter option of this midlet works. there is nothing wrong with the midlet, simply i am not understanding it.

please, someone enlighten me what this options of the filter means 'tested' 'streak' 'percentage'.

thanks in advance for any answer.

I haven't used zdt2go, I use zdt. But since zdt2go is based on zdt, I assume this works the same in both cases.

When you select a category to practice, ZDT offers three ways to decide which of the cards in the category it will drill you on this time: all of them, the smart filter, and the interval filter. Which one should you pick? This is easy, you should only use the interval filter.

Picking all of them is not a good idea, as over time you will learn most of them, so you are wasting your time by practicing words you already know.

The smart filter isn't bad. The options you asked about are all for the smart filter. It lets you decide which cards to use based on those criteria.

But the interval filter is much much better than the smart filter. It uses something called SRS (google it or search this forum for more information) to help you learn the most you can from the time you spend.

Head over to this thread for more information on how to use ZDT's interval filter.

As I said, the above is for ZDT, not zdt2go. If zdt2go does not support the interval filter, and you still don't understand the smart filter, repost here and we can explain further.

thank you for ur reply.

but one thing you assumed right zdt2go dont have the interval filter. there is no option to choose between filters. only one filter i mentioned.:cry:

as i still dont understand how it works, i am looking for ur reply with any clarification.:help

Too bad zdt2go doesn't support the interval filter. You should ask the developer to add it.

Here's how the smart filter works in ZDT; if things are different for zdt2go, you'll need to adjust.

Recall that the purpose of the smart filter is to limit which cards in a given category it will test you on. So all of these options let you control how it limits it. For ZDT, only cards that meet ALL the enabled conditions will be included.

The "streak" specifies how many times in a row you got it right without any errors. So if you set "streak <= 3", it means that any card you got right the last 4 times will NOT be included.

The "Times tested" specifies how many times you were tested on that card. So if you set "Times tested <= 10", any card that you've been tested on more than 10 times will NOT be included.

The "Percentage" specifies what percent of the time you were tested on that card you got it right. So if you set "Percentage < 75", any card you have gotten correct more than 75% of the time will NOT be test on.

The "Last tested" specifies how many days ago you were last tested on that card.

well, i also think its too bad it doesnt have the interval filter, because this smart filter is not what i was looking for. it seems that i have to divide my database into more categories, and wait for the developers to add this feature.

however, thank you very much for your lucid explaination.