Chinese-Forums

Protein Powder in Beijing

ruds10

You can go to the World Health Store The people there are great and the protein powder there is legit. You can also find protein powder on www.taobao.com, but I would question the legitimacy of protein powder supplied by Chinese sources because it may be cut with other things (reference the whole milk scandal in China a couple years back).

fyi - The price of protein powder in China is normally at least 30% more expensive. This is probably due to the cost of shipping for them to import it.

Your other option is to order it from a US bodybuilding site like www.bodybuilding.com and have them ship it to your address in China. I've done it before and it works, it just might take a bit of time (e.g. ~1 month) for it to get sent over and get through customs.

I hope that helps.

• 1 year later...
  • New Members

Ok... I know this has been covered to death already on here, but every time a person asks where to by some supps, there are a ton of links that go up and it is all very subjective. So I thought I would do a little comparison of online bodybuilding supplement retailers in China. These are all retails that sell imported products... so no China brands.  

I am basing this comparison on Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Gold Standard (5lbs)... which seems to be the fav around here (though I prefer Isoflex! :P ).

Note to admin: pleas don't ban me for posting links... I don't have the intention of spamming! You can remove if you see fit.

Protein for China

Cost: ¥430.00

Shipping cost: Not sure

Shipping time: 2-5 days

Health Elements

Cost: ¥450.00

Shipping cost: Starting at 15RMB

Shipping time: 3-5 days

BBA Supplements

Cost: Sale: ¥460.00 (¥620.00 Regular!!)

Shipping cost: Not Sure

Shipping time: 2-6 days

Fueled.cn.com

Cost: Sale:¥334.45 (¥369.45 Regular)

Shipping cost: Starting at 16RMB

Shipping time: 1-3 days

Elite Nutrition Center

Cost: VIP price: ¥439.00 (¥799.00 Regular... WTF?!)

Shipping cost: not sure... free over ¥400 IF in Beijing

Shipping time: 1-3 IF in Beijing

RickH,

Thanks for the post, just coincided with me wanting to hit the gym and bulk up a bit. Ordered some protein powder and creatine from Fueled in Shenzhen. Hopefully their shipping time is as stated. Will let you guys know how things work out.