Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@方茹婷

Thanks!I will tell you for sure :) 

@foreigner2u

汉办根据接收院校提交的材料审核确定评审意见,并于715日前将评审结果通知各地教育厅.....

Guys, we have been mistaken the whole time. This is not relevant. This does not decision or informing us.

There is nothing on when will Hanban inform us. I do remeber someone from this forum calling Hanban and asking about when we would know.

They replied 15.06.  I really want to believe that :P .

And what is more I remeber two years ago it was the same: Hanban informed us 15th June, and later on, around min July they sent documents (visa etc) to our Unis, and Unis sent to us. It was horrible, documents arrived in late August. But this is another story.

• Like 3

@Luxin Yeah, I completely agree with what you said there. About your question, I do think that Hanban are basically giving you a second chance to either change your category to one that would suit you/your uni better, or possibly change uni. If they categorically didn't want you to apply, they'd have moved your application to the last stage and rejected it. They also recommend you take your uni's comments into consideration. Your uni hasn't been particularly helpful but maybe do ask them if they see any other major or category which they think you would qualify for (regardless of the fact that you already qualify for the one you did apply for).

Alternatively, speak to your CI, give them a summary of the situation, say you want to apply again and ask for advice. I reckon your best shot might be a less competitive uni or your CI's partner uni.

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 1

Guys, I am happy that some of you got a second chance to apply :) 

There is only one possibility of making a mistake. The only way you re-apply is if you applied for wrong cathegory. They will not give you that chance in other situation, unless you ask them. In some ways Hanban is getting soft. For past couple of years if you did something wrong, you simply got rejected and you han no other options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, igacave said:

For past couple of years if you did something wrong, you simply got rejected and you han no other options

oh then I'm glad I actually got a second chance from the uni. My CI just sent them back the application yesterday, though. I hope it's not too late. I read in the hanban site that by june 20th the unis should have all confirmed applicants and by July 15th, hanban should inform the confirmed scholarships. 

8 hours ago, Luxin said:

I think they have a general idea of how many students they can pre-admit but they don't know the exact number.

I agree with Jelly you should try and contact your CI once again. Let me tell you what is going on in my class so maybe that will help you somehow~ 

We are aprox 30 students who are applying to TCSOL, so our CI contacted our partner uni and they were told that they could only pre-admit 10 students due to quota limitations. My CI took in consideration what happened last year when Hanban only granted scholarships for the ones with higher scores, so my CI divided us into groups according to our scores in our HSK exams. First, they chose 10 students who got the lowest scores and let them apply to our CI's partner uni to increase somehow their chances to win the scholarship. And then they let the others apply to other host unis such as Beijing, Nanjing, Harbin, etc~

@Luxin I have a few friends who got pre admitted by their second choices. A friend applied to a Beijing uni as his first choice because he had an almost perfect score in his HSK 3. Unfortunately the host uni asked for his graduate diploma which he didn't have cause we are all still undergraduate students, so the uni rejected him and his documents were forwarded to his second choice: Harbin. Harbin reviewed his documents and asked for an interview which he successfully passed and got pre-admitted.

In conclusion it is a fact that some host unis require more documentation than others depending on the competition, etc~

PS: I also recommend you to apply to your CI's partner uni or less competitive unis cause at this point many host unis have already taken interviews and chosen their pre admitted students.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-9 at 6:55 AM, martineden said:

By the way, I don't understand why they would only require HSK 3 for TCSOL, when they ask for HSK 4 for the other 1 academic year scholarships.

@martineden I believe it's because TCSOL is a new major so maybe this year is just a trial(?) for Hanban to know the demand for this program or the amount of applicants with chinese major or I don't know :lol: 

• Like 1

Hello guys, I am happy that I just got pre admitted by my university of choice, after less than a week that my CI sent the app!. So that means they're still working on admissions. I'm not expecting to get any decision from Hanban for a while. The wait will be long :P

Ps: How do you know which uni pre admitted you? It doesn't say anything about it in the app?

@地球人 Congratulations!! I've also been admitted to my first choice uni and now waiting for Hanban's approval, I hope the wait is not that long. 

If there isn't any other comment besides that one saying you have been admitted it was the first choice uni. If they had rejected it would show one comment saying why you were rejected, followed by the comment of your second choice uni saying they admitted you. 

• Like 1

@地球人 If you had no problems and there is only a simple message that you have been pre-admitted, it means that you are accepted by your first choice uni. You are accepted by the second choice uni only after being refused by the first choice uni, which can be seen in a message saying that your app has been sent to your second choice. :D

• Like 1