Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@Opi You should contact your CI because if you have applied to a partner uni then they can be more understanding and definitely help you out with your application or at least give you an explanation.

But don't reject their admission cause there might be a possibility that it may not be forwarded to your second option :O

@foreigner2u thank you, add you said  it's definitely a rich experience (even though not a very good  one, still a needed one). I love China and I am really glad that I chose Xi'an to be my first city here, it's truly worth everything! 

• Like 1

Once again, I've been accepted into a school and am waiting on Hanban. Previously, I was accepted into 北师大 now I've been accepted into 华师大, but, hopefully, Hanban will okay my scholarship this time around. 华师大 said the news will come in July... so... waiting... again.

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 9.52.35 AM.png

• Like 2

But I don't get it :O Didn't @Blckclaw said in a previous post that his/her classmate got already to the last stage? Or haven't @艾墨本received a notification from Hanban telling him that his score was too high? How are we supposed to wait until July now? Wow that's new >.<

2 hours ago, 方茹婷 said:

I want to buy the plane ticket already. 

I already bought my ticket :roll: . Figured, I'm coming to China one way or the other, if not for school, then I'll find work. But it's happening.

• Like 2

So yeah, according to this year's review procedure I found on the cis website:

"汉办根据接收院校提交的材料审核确定评审意见,并于7月15日前将评审结果通知各地教育厅(教委)及有关接收院校。《孔子学院奖学金评审授予名单》由接收院校公布,接收院校应将停发奖学金者的情况通报奖学金生推荐机构。"

Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications to make the final selection, and publish the name list of successful applicants by July 15th, 2017. Hanban will also inform the host institutes and the recommending institutions, and these ones will inform the applicants.

Well, until last year it was by June 15th that's why applicants started to receive confirmations/rejections in late May. So this once again proofs that everything has changed this year including their examination dates lol :lol: 

• Like 2

So I spoke to my teacher at the CI. She said the lady at the host university made a mistake when writing the comment on the acceptance bit. She says I applied for a year so that's what I'd be given. My teacher keeps telling me“别着急“... I'm glad but I still have some concerns...

Is Hanban likely to see this comment when deciding and see the mistake she made?

Untitled.png

What a huge remark you have there @Opi xD Mine is just one line that says "pre admitted" and that's it lol

Well If I were you I would totally send an email to your host uni just in case :) 

And also because when I translated the Chinese paragraph mentioned on my comment above, according to google translator (lol) it says that Hanban will take in consideration the host institution's reviews which I have no idea what that means but still, just in case contact your host uni :) so that you won't wonder what if~

• Like 1

@foreigner2u Thanks for the reply.

I sent them an email two days ago. They haven't replied yet. I don't know if I should send them another? I worry about over-stepping seeing as it's a partner uni and I don't know if it's my teacher that's meant to contact them.

Now that I've seen what you posted, I'll show it to my teacher so she'll know.

@Opi You're welcome ^^ If you want to show her the statement yourself you can find it in the Application Guide 2017, appendix 3 孔子学院奖学金年度评审办法 (Confucius Institute Scholarship Annual Review Method), article 8 评审程序 (Review Procedure), statement n°4 :) 

Congrats @Opi, you did it. Your process of getting the CIS was very fast! Little by little we are having good news. :clap

Not too good in my case XD, I asked for a withdrawal to Hanban and I got back to the first stage. I made few modifications of my application and I submitted it again on Monday morning. Since then it hasn't moved. My institute is waiting to recommend me as soon as I get to the 2nd stage, but it seems to be stuck there. Wasn't it supposed to be automatic? or maybe someone in China has to push the button to let me move to the 2nd stage (?).