Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@Luxin no idea what that is all about. Usually it's the CI that's responsible for recommending your application. The only thing I can imagine is that applications are officially closed at this point, in which case the system might not accept/forward your new application even just to your CI? Definitely worth checking with Hanban immediately I reckon, since that's also what your CI recommended. It might well be a case that you need some kind of special permission from Hanban at this point. Or, as foreigner pointed out, it might simply be a technical error. It's getting late though and I wouldn't want to take that chance if I were you.

Good luck to you, and huge congrats to @Opi for getting the CIS!

• Like 1

@Luxin Yeah as Jelly said if it's a technical issue then Hanban will definitely fix it immediately so better contact them. However I don't think applications are closed since I have a few classmates who are currently still making modifications in their applications and they don't have such problem in their system :O

@Opi I'm glad that Hanban could fix your problem fast :D Now you can feel relieved and wait patiently for Hanban's final decision ^^ or the status update that they gave you was to grant you the actual scholarship (5th stage)?

• Like 2

@foreigner2u that's good to know that applications are still open! Also, you're absolutely right, it looks like Opi just got the uni's approval at this point - my bad, I didn't actually check the original post but just read other people's comments and jumped to conclusions haha.

• Like 1

@JellyfishMe too! haha I thought I misunderstood Opi's post when I saw the congratulations that's why I had to ask him :P

The system may still be opened for applications but you're right ^^ it's better not to risk yourself by leaving everything to the last minute :)  Although my CI told me that if I don't win the one year scholarship I can still ask Hanban to enable the system in order to apply for the one semester right away :O I'm not sure if that's possible though since apparently we will have the results in July >.< and that would be extremely late to submit a new application lol

• Like 1

@Opi Not your fault at all, I just skim read and jumped to conclusions!

Bad news for me - as expected, Hanban didn't agree to me taking a philosophy major with my current HSK3 and HSKK Beginner's. I got this review:  不符合一学年研修生(中国哲学课程)全额奖学金报名条件

For some reason though they didn't just reject my application and put me on the last stage as rejected but instead they returned me to the third stage, the uni review stage. I've got no idea what they are expecting Fudan to do about the fact that I don't meet the requirements haha. I've asked my CI for advice and will email Fudan next. Maybe I can change major to TCSOL or, I don't know... Does anyone have any bright ideas/experience with this?

I really am just guessing, for what your situation seems very weird.Seems like they give you another chance! Talk to your CI and maybe they can move you to the firt stage, so you can apply to different scholarship. As you mentioned, TCOSL, but check the restrictions.  If hanban is rejecting people these days, I hopefully assume that they really consider our applications, not just randomly "tick". Am I being naive? :P

@igacave Yeah, I'm just waiting to hear back from my CI and from Fudan now. I wouldn't worry too much about Hanban rejecting too many people - I'm not really upset or surprised since I really didn't fulfil their criteria, so it's perfectly fair of them to reject me. As far as I know, all other applicants here fulfil the criteria so you guys should all be fine I think :) 

@Luxin, how about now?

My preferred institution requested me to change my scholarship coverage from partial scholarship to full scholarship. So, I also resubmitted a couple of days ago and my application had no problem going forward to the 推荐机构审核 stage, allowing my 孔院 to progress my application to the 接收审核 stage (for the third time).

I figured that applying for a partial scholarship would give be a slightly better chance of being accepted, but I had to apply for the full scholarship. Does somebody know why this is the case? The teacher's email simply stated: 奖学金类别应该是全额奖学金。

Hahaha I guess it was my fault. Sorry for misunderstanding @Opi post. However, your application seems to be on track~

@Jellyfish As you are back to the third stage, I think Hanban may be considering to suggest you a change of category. I can't guarantee it though. Let's see if your CI or Fudan have any advice for you now. You have to give it a try! 

@LinZhenPu It's good to hear that you didn't have any problem going forward. But it's not that easy in my case. I contacted the Hanban headquarters and they advised me to immediately contact the Hanban office in my country to fix my problem. I called them and the woman who picked up the phone had no idea of what I'm talking about, she didn't even know how the website looks like and she advised me to contact headquarters because she can't help me. Unbelievable.

Meanwhile, the universities I applied for are waiting for my application but they state that they can't wait much longer.:conf

About the partial scholarship I have no idea. I also thought it would give a better chance of getting it.

@Jellyfish you haven't been rejected at all! It's something really good what have happened to you actually :D Apparently Hanban is being more flexible this time cause last year I got rejected even though I fulfilled all the requirements lol So it looks like Hanban is giving you the chance to pick another program that fits your current qualifications ^^ As @igacavesaid you should tell your CI to move you to the first stage so you can make modifications in your application. Anyway, that means Hanban is starting to review our applications or at least that's what I'm hoping for lol :lol:

Today my application has advanced to the 录取 stage!

"院校审核预录取该生2017年1月1日以后,有在华学习经历。该生成绩优秀,态度诚恳,考虑到国别平衡,我校拟录取。孙德胜2017-05-26 13:55:34"

So although I was in China studying after that date, they want to consider me for the scholarship: now it's up to Hanban's decision. I think most likely I will be rejected.

你好~

按照汉办规定,有来华学习经历的不可以申请一学期奖学金。

201711后还在中国的,不可以申请一学年奖学金。

我校已经录取你了,最终录取结果就要等汉办了。

崔艳

• Like 3

My bad news continues.

My CI has been amazingly unhelpful throughout this process (though one thing I'll give to them is that they're fast with all their replies!) Maybe not deliberately but just due to ignorance. They seem to have much less of an idea how it all works than I do.

So, when I told my teacher about my update (back to third/uni stage because I don't fulfil the criteria) she said two things: 1. Did the application go back to you? and 2. How strange that Hanban seem to think you don't fulfil the criteria.

I then had to explain to her that no, as I had literally just said in my first email, with screenshots attached, it's not with me but with the uni. And yes, of course Hanban thought I don't fulfil the criteria - because I don't! This proves what I'd suspected all along, ie that they themselves had no idea what the criteria were and simply recommended me without checking. Not that it's their job to check these things for me, I should've read all the info more closely. But still - as the recommending institution they should be aware of whether the candidates they do recommend fulfil the entry criteria.

So my instinct also was to withdraw the application, as you guys suggested, and apply for TCSOL instead. My teacher seems to think that it's now too late for this and she said I can't change category. She's now wondering if I can apply for a partial scholarship instead, which is useless to me because I don't have the savings to take that even if I do get it.

So, as I said, my CI is not much help, I'm now hoping for Fudan to come up with a good recommendation for what to do. After all, Hanban returned the application to them, so maybe they will know what the best course of action is at this point.

• Like 1

Ugh, what a nightmare! However the idea of you talking to your Uni seems to be your best shot. After all, they agreed to preadmit you, so they do want you to be their student. Fingers crossed! :wink:

hello everyone, I just applied for the one year scholarship. I know I was late because it took nearly a month to get all the paperwork ready. But my CI did the interviews for recommendation the first week of may...and now I found out that the application opened on 1st of march! Is there something wrong with my CI that they were so late? Has anyone ever gotten a scholarship by applying end of may/june?