Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@Jellyfish I'm really sorry for what your CI told you :/ However, even if they want you to apply for a partial scholarship, you will have to get your application withdrawn to the first stage to modify it anyway. So it doesn't make any sense if they think it's too late to change category :/ It's not late at all! As I said in a previous post, I have a few classmates who are struggling with their applications and making modifications until now.

Unfortunately your CI can't do anything since your documents are currently in Fudan right now. So I recommend you to contact Fudan and tell them to move you to the first stage so you can choose another category/major. If your CI refuses to recommend you because "it's too late" then tell them you'll take responsibility for that but you wanna try anyway. That's way better than not even trying >.< And as @igacave said, make sure to double check if you fulfill the requirements for TCSOL before applying. Fingers crossed! :) 

Anyone have any experience with interviews? I was just informed by my teacher that the host university wants to have an interview with all the applicants. I have already been pre-admitted, so I'm not exactly sure why this is, but I'm hoping its just a formality.

I've read @艾墨本's post and I think I'm good with the beginning. The specialized and technical vocabulary? Not so much. He's amazing and I hope to get there one day, but I'm certainly not there right now.

Please can anyone who applied with HSK 3 tell me what it's like and what to expect? Sample questions?

1)Introduce yourself.

2)Why this University?

3)How do you learn Chineses?

These questions tend to be easy.

If you applied for Master it is a bit harder, but on HSK 3 I wouldn't expect much. And yes, you are right - this is just a fomality! Good luck :)

• Like 1

@地球人 I think applications date depend on the your CI and the universities where you apply. For example I submited on 12 may my application and I am on the 4th step now, and in my CI we are the "first batch" of applications. If you CI doesn't find it wrong I am sure it is fine! If you applied for your CI partener university I bet you still have big changes even if you are late. 

My Confucius Institute "approved" my application 2 days ago so it's still a bit early but I expect to hear something in the next couple of days. A friend of mine applied to Xiamen University and she heard back from them after 2 days of it being submitted. 

Haha, me too! I check my account everyday hoping to receive some news. I thought we would get noticed by the end of May... I applied 28.04, 4.05 my uni pre-accepted me. Waiting is soo annoying. Some say great patience practise, but what do they know :P

Yeah I really hope we don't have to wait until July D:

Luckily if we win the scholarship, we will still need to do a lot of paperwork before departure and I think only one month in advance is not enough D:

A chinese friend of mine called Hanban and they told him that the deadline is on June 15th, the universities won't pre-admit anyone else after that day. They also said that the late submission (before de deadline) of your application doesn't influence the chance of getting admitted, because they will analyze every single application in detail. However, they didn't tell about what will happen with those applications which were rejected on the university stage. 

@Luxin That's great! Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon. Regarding the deadline being June 15... That's pretty weird, because I'm pretty sure the host uni claims they are still accepting applications till the 30th of June. I wonder why.

The interview is on Wednesday. I've decided not to worry. Still going to prepare some answers though. Hopefully not too complicated, so I don't forget.

Any tips on how to answer the question "What will you bring to this University?" Not sure what to say other than myself lol

@Opi Say that you are going to bring some positive things which you possess, such as experience, happiness, your views/thinking about the world, motivated self, energy, and so on. :D

Btw I don't have any news either....I'm checking it like everyday and am still on the 4th step. :(

4 hours ago, 方茹婷 said:

I don't have any news either....I'm checking it like everyday

The system automatically emails you whenever there is a status change. No need to check.

Soooo at long last I have some news.

My application is now back to the first step (unsubmitted), with Fudan recommending I apply for a one semester scholarship. Not ideal but I'll take what I can get (if indeed I can get anything at all). I've been considering applying for TCSOL instead but it seems hugely competitive from what I see on this forum so I suppose I'd better not.

Now, I hope you guys can help me: if I do get one semester and go back home in January, would I be eligible to apply for a one year or Master's scholarship in 2018? I seem to remember @艾墨本 mentioning that there are certain rules which mean you're not eligible to apply if you've been to China in the past X months before application/starting your studies under the scholarship?

I'm keen to submit this asap so any quick help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

So I just got an info from my university and I have to register to their website for international students. Didn't have any problems until I saw a paragraph titles "Financial Supporter" and then "Guarantor's Name", "Guarantor's Organization", and "Relationship with Applicant". Anybody knows what do I have do fill in there?

@Blckclaw Are you applying to BNU? That's the one I applied to and they also requested me to register on their website and fill the application form. It also had that field in which I filled with: 

Guarantor name: Confucius Institute Scholarship    
The guarantor Addr: 129 Deshengmenwai Street, Xicheng District, Beijing,China
The guarantor Tel: 86-10-58595859    
Organization: Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban)    
Email: zonghe@hanban.org

I don't know if that's alright but it's how I submitted.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jellyfish said:

I seem to remember @艾墨本 mentioning that there are certain rules which mean you're not eligible to apply if you've been to China in the past X months before application/starting your studies under the scholarship?

I think it does disqualify you - while reviewing my application, the guy from the university stated, that DESPITE I have already been in China,I did not study there. Be careful and good luck.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jellyfish said:

I seem to remember @艾墨本 mentioning that there are certain rules which mean you're not eligible to apply if you've been to China in the past X months before application/starting your studies under the scholarship?

I was told by the head of admissions from 北师大 that you can always reapply to CIS so long as you select a higher level program. Meaning, if you apply for one semester, you can apply again and try to get one year and then apply again for a master's degree. He said the order was semester > year > undergrad > master > PhD.

• Like 1