Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

On 6/23/2017 at 7:48 PM, Cheenchin said:

Hi guys ! 

i was pre admitted by university and was on 3rd stage about a month , but today I' ve been pushed back to stage 2 with hanban message - 

请查看处理意见记录。广东外语外贸大学预录取工作,没有责任到人。请在用户信息中明确填写本人姓名,请重新审核预录取。

院校审核

have anyone been in the same situation ? Or maybe could clarify what they mean? 

i really don't understand what should I do.. 

When your university pre-admitted you, they didn't include the name of the person who did the pre-admission on the reporting form. This is a requirement according to the message yo received. Copy the information and send an email to your university asking them to resubmit the form with the name of the person who is submitting it.

Edit* it occurs to me that the 2nd stage is your local CI while the third stage is your university. If it is back to the second stage, you'd want to contact your local CI not your university.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, yahya said:

Hanban is saying that Guangdong university is irresponsable

@martineden I think igacave is asking why @yahya said that Hanban thinks Guangdong uni is irresponsable.

@Badger I'm aware that being pre admitted doesn't mean that Hanban will award you the scholarship. I was just trying to cheer you up lol ^^

• Like 1

Hi guys, I got on tenterhooks today when I saw my application flip back from pre-admitted back to square one.
All that for the same reason as @Cheenchin “推荐机构操作员,需在系统中明确本人姓名,责任到人。” So I called my recommending institution, I submitted again, they confirmed their (mysteriously missing) information and recommended me once more. Just emailed ECNU and hopefully by tomorrow I'll get back to stage three...again. 

The worst thing is that we get emails only when the application moves forward and never backward (when it actually requires our attention and prompt measures), fortunately I checked it in time. Strongly recommend you guys to check your status daily (and do some meditation or taichi to calm your nerves from this rollercoaster)...

Edit:

ECNU pushed back my application back to unsubmitted for the second time... for the same reason...

The name of the person recommending me was still not being displayed on the system. My recommending institution said it's the system which is not refreshing properly, we tried again and this time it worked. So guys, make sure there's the name of the person recommending you in the fourth column “操作员”, neither the name of the recommending institution, nor some code, it has to be someone's 姓名. 

So my application basically goes like this:
1. Submitted 已提交。
2. Recommended by HSK Center 推荐机构同意推荐。
3. Pre-admitted by ECNU after interview 接收院校同意预录取。
4. Hanban asking for identity of recommending person at HSK Center

推荐机构操作员需在系统中明确本人姓名,责任到人。请重新推荐,认真审核学生材料。

3. ECNU asking HSK Center to confirm identity 请推荐机构明确负责人,并重新予以推荐。
0. Unsubmitted 未提交。
1. Submitted 已提交。
2. Recommended by HSK Center 经审核,该学生身份属实,材料齐全,建议推荐。

3. ECNU asking HSK Center to confirm identity of person recommending me

推荐机构请注意,操作员必须是某位负责人的姓名,明确到人,请修改后重新提交。
0. Unsubmitted 未提交。
1. Submitted 已提交。
2. Recommended by HSK Center 学员身份属实,材料齐全,同意推荐。

To be continued... 

• Like 3

Now that I don't have finals anymore, the only thing I have to wait are these news. It drives me nuts. Especially since pressed 'no' on the form when it asked me if I want to apply for a teacher education/training program. Teacher told us to press whatever we feel like it because it doesn't matter. And also didn't mention in my statement that I want to go to masters or become a teacher. :-| Is anyone also in my situation that applied for TCSOL and checked no and didn't mention in their statement the infos? 

@Badger

I came to this by my own conclusion so please disprove me people so I can rest assured. This is TCSOL (Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages) and it is the preparatory year before the masters that is also about teaching Chinese. I think they basically ask if you want or not to continue with your pursuit in teaching/training meaning that if you selected NO, it means that you will just go 1 year in Ch, come back and not apply for their masters or become a teacher, which basically is not what they want. I read on this forum that for TCSOL they put a lot of importance of choosing to continue with the masters and showing proof. We basically just told them straight that we don't wanna do any of that.

What do you think? You guys think that this questions speaks about something else? Here is the original : 是否希望参加教师教育或培训/ Do you want to apply for the teacher education/training program?

Let me know. It would ease my mind if what I described is not the case. lol thank you

I think the most important thing is to have a Chinese related major with the proof. That is the reason why I was rejected by the uni for the TCSOL (both 1 year and 6 months), so I changed to Chinese language & literature, and was pre-admitted. I did mention in my statement that I wanted to do the master and clicked on the teacher's training program.

@dumpling98 I have some relief for you.  I called the chinese university and asked the question ("are they asking if I want to do a masters after this program...do I need to press yes?" She said "no no no no no no no no no no...that is not the meaning. just select no".

Hopefully that gives you some relief.  Actually I am filling the application out at this moment, as it was just sent back to me.  So I had the opportunity to change it. But I will not. I am keeping at no.  Breath easy.

• Like 1