Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Here are my application details.

• Applied for 1 year full  scholarship in TCSOL.
  • HSK 3 274 and HSKK Beginner.
  • I am first year student and majoring in Chinese. 
  • Applied at my CI's partener university Zhejiang University of Technology.
  • In my statement I wrote about my Chinese learning experience at my university and my wish to study and China etc, but didn't mention anything about becoming a teacher or masters ( cuz I am still undergrad level )
  • I put 'no' if I want to follow a teacher/training program.
  • I feel my CI did 70% of all our work and helped us a ton to prepare our decomments, correcting our statements and giving advice how to fill in the online form. They also made us sign the university contracts as soon as we were pre-admited even if we weren't officially awarded by Hanban yet. Also all 14 applicants from my batch for 1 year TCSOL were admited.  
  • I applied with my local CI which is also partner with the university where I study Chinese. 

They accepted me even if I am not graduated yet so it is not set in stone yet that you need to be graduated to apply for this scholarship. 

• Like 3

@AaronUK Hi Aaron, that's great! I never studied Chinese at uni though I do hold a Master's degree and I'm working as a translator. I explained that I want to learn Chinese for my career and to contribute to understanding between China and Europe... Basically I think it's important to show you're serious about your application and you've got a good reason to apply, are not just trying to go on a fully funded gap year, kind of thing.

I've been doing courses at my CI for 2+ years and I passed HSK3 with 274, HSKK basic with 89 points.

Any more questions, or if I can help with anything at all, just let me know! I can send you my statement etc if you need and I'm happy to take a look at yours when the time comes.

• Like 3

In my case, my CI contacted me and told me they will ask for the uni's papers to be delivered, and to answer hanban's email saying that I have received the scholarship and I am ready to take on the next steps to go to China. So, definitely should contact your CI first if they didn't, and they will tell you what to do.

• New Members

I am really happy to find this thread! Finally, I can find people who have been through the whole nerve-wracking process like me. I was also notified by Hanban that I was awarded for the scholarship for 6 months in South China University of Technology in Guangzhou, and quite confused what to do next. The problem is, I will travel for two weeks from 6 July until 18 July, exactly in the time the document package should be delivered from China. Then only 10 August, I will fly back from Germany, where I am studying, to Vietnam and I hope to apply for Chinese visa there. According to other students in Vietnam, they can get visa in 4-5 working days at the embassy, so hopefully, it would be the case for me too.

I guess first step, I will follow the sound advice of 地球人 to first contact the CI here and proceed from there.

• Like 1

Just a friendly reminder to everyone to make use of the university specific threads on this forum. If you have any information to share about your university, be it the dorms, teaching quality, food, application process, etc, sharing it in the thread specific to your university will be helpful to many people in the future.

https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/35207-university-index/

• Like 3

I got these two messages today from BLCU. So basically they didn't tell me the registration day.... :( It's funny because now I don't know when to buy the plane ticket. They are saying that they will send the admission package in (late) July. But of course I can't wait until that time, the prices will go up to the sky. Anyone any suggestion?

Screenshot_2017-06-30-05-24-21.png

Screenshot_2017-06-30-05-24-36.png

@方茹婷 Last year a classmate got accepted to BLCU as well! I remember she travelled to China in late August :O Anyway, I recommend you to go to the BLCU thread :) I'm sure you'll find people who are currently attending that uni so maybe you can get the exact registration date or just ask BLCU for it directly. I also think you should ask BLCU if you will be able to find accomodation even if you arrive like a week before the registration date ^^

By the way, my CI told me to message my host uni but I still haven't heard any news from them so I guess I'll have to wait once again :lol: 

• Like 1

@foreigner2u As you can see from the replies, they only answered that they will deal with the procedures concerning dormitories. They didn't give me any dates, so I guess there is a misunderstanding again...I thought to first write here, because maybe more BLCU students see this forum... :D I guess I will  buy the plane ticket for the 31st August and let's hope they will give me an accommodation. :D

@方茹婷

I already bought the plane tickets for aug 23. which was the only day with low price that was suitable for me.

If you read back in this thread they say in previous years the registration days were between Sept 1 and 10, and that you can usually move into the dorms on Sept 1. even if its not registration day yet. I will just stay in a hostel until that time.

Hopefully they won't change the registration day to around mid august, because that would mean I messed up big time. But I don't really see that happening.

• Like 1