Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Hi all,

I got the scholarship too for one year in Blcu.

I sent them an email asking them when my documents will be in Greece one week ago but no one replied yet.Does anyone of received them already.I know that they should be here by now but nothing yet and i want to book a cheap airplane ticket i found

P.S.congratullations to all!!!

I will be in Wuhan for a year. Is anyone else going to be in Wuhan?

@travelgirl No documents here, I only know last week they were preparing the admission letters for us. No idea when they will arrive. I want to book my ticket too, too much waiting and the prices will go up!

They didn't send me any email.I ll send them and ask them.

Madayou you ve applied for the 1 year right.so we might be classmates.I m almost level 5 hsk but i think i ll admit for a level lower than to review a few things.

Another thing.I ve already made check up,will i do there too?

Count me in as the number three BLCU student!

I don't suggest emailing HanBan for information asking about which school you have been accepted into. They emailed me back telling me that I was going to Dalian but BLCU said they've already mailed me my application papers July 10th.

@Madayou: Do you know the academic calendar for BLCU? Just wondered what info you used to base your flight date on.

Insighter, do you know how long time do application papers take to arrive?

I sent some emails and they told me that time for 报到 is from 29/08 to 02/09, so i guess lessons start on september the 3th!

if you connect to cis.chinese.com, now you can check what is your host university

• New Members

Hey all,

Have ur universities sent u JW201 form? Because they told me to apply for tourist visa... I hope later it ll not be problem to prolong it in China.

btw, anyone going to Hainan Normal University in Haikou? :)

Yesterday , I sent an email to Heilongjiang University, the personnel said the documents for apply for the visa will be send out from the university by next week.. So I think the most of us may be receive the post at the end of July : )i

BLCU sent out the documents on the 10th of July and I just received mine. Yay! I believe they express mailed it.

My packet included the mostly filled out visa application forms, the admission notice (that you'll give when you apply for a visa), information on the CIS scholarship and regulations, as well as two maps of my school. BLCU students can pm me a question if it's urgent, but as I don't know how much is school specific I suggest other people just wait until they receive their packet. It's coming!

Hi guys!

I was also awarded the CIS (congrats to all the other lucky ones :D ). Do you have any ideas what you will do about insurance? I tried to find more detailed information about the insurance included in the scholarship, but couldn't find any. Will you get any additional coverage or just go with the CIS insurance?

Any help/advice appreciated. :-?

@ Swiffer

Every University is different with insurance. I went to Tsinghua before and they required you to have insurance. When awarded the confucius scholarship (with supposed medical insurance included) at another school we paid nothing but I heard it only covered major incidents. When receiving the files for Xiamen University with the CSC scholarship, the forms said that we are required to buy a 600kuai a year medical insurance policy or else we forfeit our scholarships.

• New Members

Yo, annastazja, I'm also going to 海南师范大学. They told me to apply for the tourist visa as well, so I'm hoping they'll be able to file the student visa once I get there. They didn't seem to need to send/mail any other paperwork though. In addition, they told me that I can't move into the dorms there until August 27, did they tell you the same thing? It seems really late to get there Aug 27, and then classes start 3 days later.

@steveh: Ok, thanks. So I take it that - since my admission letter did not mention any self-arranged insurance - I will be fine upon arrival in China and/or simply contact the university regarding insurance details. Thanks again! : )

Hey everyone. I received a one-semester scholarship and I will be attending Zhejiang University from September.

I am going to apply for the F visa and I plan on staying there just for 6 months. My classes will supposedly end on January 24th. Would it be ok to stay in China until mid/late February, despite not actually taking classes for the last month? I know the visa is usually 6 months, but I am afraid that maybe they will just give me 5 months or something.

Also, does anyone know what it's like to travel in China during New Year? I have heard so many horror stories, but it would be only opportunity to do travelling unfortunately.

My classes will supposedly end on January 24th. Would it be ok to stay in China until mid/late February, despite not actually taking classes for the last month? I know the visa is usually 6 months, but I am afraid that maybe they will just give me 5 months or something.

This is actually my same question.

Moreover, I must show my flights ticket to obtain the visa... But this sounds me quite strange,because to book the flight I'm supposed to know about my visa duration, isn't it?

After doing some research, I think it's NOT required to show your flight tickets for the F visa so we should not face any problems!

I think you need to show your flight tickets only for the L visa.

• New Members

Hi!

I won't be studying in Zhejiang University, but in Zhejiang University of Technology, although it is nice to see there is one western soul more in same town ;] I've also got one-semester scholarship. When do you plan arrive to Hangzhou?

I hope no such thing as flight tickets are neccessary to get visa, because I plan to use transsib to get to China. Is there anybody else who thinks about extending the journey to China in that way?

Regards,