Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Hi, I've got such a message "录取通过" and I haven't got any response thus far. Will they let me know anyhow about any progress? They should send me email or letter? I'm not certain what to do at the moment o.O

For now don't worry. The "录取通过" means you have been approved. My University in China got the paper work to allow you to study in China just last week. They first need to process everything and THEN they will send you all the paperwork. If you are really worrying about it, you can call the school you were accepted to and I am sure they will happily answer all your questions. After all, if you do NOT show up the school will not be able to steal, I mean collect your (the scholarships) money. :P

Hi, I've got such a message "录取通过" and I haven't got any response thus far. Will they let me know anyhow about any progress? They should send me email or letter? I'm not certain what to do at the moment o.O

I suggest you contact the university directly. send an e-mail to them and ask about your progress. This should be the best to do right at the moment. I have done the same and they said they will send me the necessary documents, so I just wait now. Good luck.

They should send you a letter with an admission notice (which is necessary for getting the student visa) and other information about the scholarship (like when to register at your university, how to get there and such). I also haven't received anything thus far, this week I'll contact our local Chinese embassy (which acted as my 推荐机构) about it and if I manage to get some info from them (of which I have my doubts :rolleyes:) then I'll definitely post it here. Anyway, there is no need to panic as of yet, last time when I went to China on a scholarship I haven't received anything till late July (which is kind of funny since you are supposed to go there at the and of August... but that's China :rolleyes:)

Does anybody got 院校已提交信息 on the scholarship result? What shall we do now, just wait? the university said that they will send me the admission documents as soon as possible, but I am anxious about any necessary thing to do.

Congratulations!

Has anyone else got the letter in the mail too?

You know, I've never been able to phone PKU. They just wouldn't answer the phones. I dont' know what's with that school; they do not reply to e-mails, they don't answer the phones... Even the lady from the Chinese Embassy wasn't able to talk with them. However, she phoned Hanban and they said what they'd already said to me by e-mail: if I didn't submit the application form online (as well as in paper), I had no chance of getting the scholarship.

My teacher told me that Hanban is the institution which grants the scholarships, so if they said what they said, then I'm definitely not getting the scholarship and that I should just forget about it for now and try again next year.

And yet... here we have Natra who also didn't submit the application form online and still got the scholarship. I don't know what to think anymore...

Hey, Natra, just to make sure, you have been granted a Confucius Institute Scholarship, right? Not any other kind of scholarship, right? The one you apply for in this website http://cis.chinese.cn/?

Also, just curious, to whom did you submit your application materials? Did you submit it directly to Sichuan University, or did you submit it to a recommending institution, like I did (in my case, it was the Chinese Embassy)?

Like my teacher said, Hanban grants the scholarships, so if they say I needed to submit the application online, then they should know, right? I've lost pretty much all hope by now. Still, if it just happens that that Hanban person who replied to my e-mail and that Hanban person (perhaps it's the same) who talked with the Embassy on the phone is clueless, then I might just get something in the mail, too. If I get it, great! If I don't, well, I'm not holding my breath either...

P.S: You get mail on weekends? We don't. :P

Hey, Natra, just to make sure, you have been granted a Confucius Institute Scholarship, right? Not any other kind of scholarship, right? The one you apply for in this website http://cis.chinese.cn/?

Yes, I applied for the 2 year scholarship from the Confucius Institute for masters students. I also registered for an account on cis.chinese.cn.

To whom did you submit your application materials? Did you submit it directly to Sichuan University, or did you submit it to a recommending institution, like I did (in my case, it was the Chinese Embassy)?

I filled out the paper application plus all my other materials: health inspection form, 2 letters of recommendation, personal statement, HSK certificate, etc., then gave it to the director of the Confucius Institute at the school where I did my BA in the US. They then forwarded all my materials to where I plan to attend in China.

I've lost pretty much all hope by now. Still, if it just happens that that Hanban person who replied to my e-mail and that Hanban person (perhaps it's the same) who talked with the Embassy on the phone is clueless, then I might just get something in the mail, too. If I get it, great! If I don't, well, I'm not holding my breath either...

I would be pretty frustrated too, especially since you have not at least gotten a rejection letter. I'm sorry you have had this problem. :(

You get mail on weekends?

Yes, but just on Saturday. :blink:

Does anyone know how they give the scholarship money? I mean, do they put the monthly allowance to a bank account etc? And those who got the scholarship, will we just go to the dorm and university and register without paying no money?

By the way, I am expecting to receive my documents by the end of 2 or 3 weeks.

I got the 录取通知书 from 天津大学 last week on Friday, so it's official now and I can finally arrange my flight and get other stuff done. I'll be applying for an F visa (as per their instructions), which means a lot less hassle before leaving and after actually getting there - afaik, it is not necessary to undergo all those HIV, syphilis and other tests when applying for an F visa. Also no need to apply for residence permit in China, right?

As for the scholarship money, I had a friend on a similar scholarship when I was last in China, and he was just getting the money in cash at the beginning of every month (I was on a different kind of scholarship back then and had received all the money in cash before leaving my country)

Are you staying less than a month? Why will you get an F visa? In that case you don't have to get lots of health certificate.I will get an X visa since I will stay for longer than 6 months. F visa holders do not need to get a residence permit, as far as I know.

• 1 year later...
  • New Members

I don't know if anyone still checking this topic, but I may have couple of questions about this scholarship:

To which address do I have to send the application form? is it directly to Hanban?

Is the HSK obligatory?

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

HELP!

I am currently working on my online application. I am still registering, and I don't know what to put in step 3:

3、* 推荐机构名称/Recommending Institute

机构类别/Institutions

What do I put here? The Embassy? Or the university I would like to apply to?

Thank you very much!!!

• New Members

Hi there ..

my first topic here :mrgreen:

just a question ( simple one )

I'm planing to study for a bachelor ( Engineering ) degree in china and I have absolutely no knowledge about

the Chinese Language.

Q) Am I eligible to apply to Confucius Institute Scholarship (CIS) for one year ???

BTW, I'm really really confused about where to go .. there are so many choices ..

Basically, I think I'm going to choose one of these three >> Guangzhou, Nanjing, Hangzhou

if you ask why .. here are the reasons :

Guangzhou : http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Images/Guangzhou/guangzhousky.jpg

Nanjing : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/%E5%8D%97%E4%BA%AC%E5%85%A8%E6%99%AF.jpg

Hangzhou : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/Hangzhou_Wulin_CBD_Overview.png

:shock: :shock: :shock:

• New Members

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post on this forum but I have visited before a couple times to read up on tips for choosing the right universities to do the Masters in Teaching Chinese as a Second Language and applying for the CSC.

The Confucius Institute Scholarship finally opened up around March 29th,2012 and the official deadline I think is May 10th, 2012 (but on some information packets I found in English it says April 20, April 30, or May 4 for people applying through Confucius Institutes at a University)

Official Website: http://cis.chinese.cn/

Application Info: http://cis.chinese.cn/article/2012-03/29/content_423328.htm

My problem is that I am having a hard time (and I have seen others are too from the general thread about this scholarship) on what to put for the "Recommending Institution" on the bottom of this form to obtain a registration name/password: http://ciss.chinese.cn/ScholarShipSite/Register.aspx

I graduated and studied Chinese at a university in the united states that doesn't have a Confucius Institute and i recently took the HSK and passed making me eligible to apply. I am going to apply for the 1 year academic language study but I have no clue which option I should put in this section that would give me the best chance of getting recommended to the universities I have chosen as my top 3 choices. I don't want my application to get rejected/be at a disadvantage because I selected the wrong thing @_@

The options are also only in Chinese so if you could respond with the Chinese characters and the translation of what each one means that would be great. Plus based on what you select, the drop down menu's after it will change too x.x which is hard to figure out for somebody filling out the application that is not fluent in the language -_-;;;

The only ones I can read is "Confucius Institute" and "Institutes that receive scholarship students" (I am not sure if it would be a good idea to choose this if I don't have a connection to a professor/administrator at that university or if my university doesn't have a partnership with that school of my first choice)

Has anyone else that applied in the past had the same situation as me where I didn't study at a Confucius Institute?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can give advice on this.

I saw that Hanban published the new scholarship program for 2012 given by the Confucius institute:

If anyone is interested hurry up... deadline for application is May 10th.

The scholarships are for 2-years teaching Chinese master's degree (for the MTSCOL), one year or half year studying Chinese language, philosophy history and etc. in China. Each has different HSK requirements and other requirements.(you need to prepare 800 characters motivation letter...)

http://www.chinesetesting.cn/userfiles/file/zhaosheng.pdf

Good luck!