Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Here is the whole process:

孔子学院奖学金申请者须需登录奖学金网站(http://cis.chinese.cn),注册个人申请账号,在线填报、打印《孔子学院奖学金申请表》,并附必需的证明材料。

奖学金授予须经过推荐机构遴选、接收院校审核和专家综合评审等程序。

1.各国孔子学院(孔子课堂)、有关驻外机构、接收院校、海外汉语考试考点负责受理奖学金申请材料,择优推荐符合条件的申请者。

2.接收院校负责审核申请者入学资格,提交奖学金留学生拟录取名单,并及时向推荐机构反馈学校录取和奖学金授予信息。

3.国家汉办/孔子学院总部组织专家审核拟录取人选及其申请材料,对符合条件者授予奖学金,并通过接收院校和推荐机构公布获奖者名单。

申请者可凭个人帐号登录奖学金网站,查询申请进程和结果。

孔子学院奖学金一般每年春季接受申请,获奖者于秋季入学。

Source: http://cis.chinese.cn/article/2010-02/21/content_112102.htm

Well, all of the other 14 selected applicants from our recommending institution (which is the Embassy) say they see the same thing [状态:“推荐机构择优确认中”- 推荐 / (意见:同意推荐)] after logging in to their accounts. I suppose it's a good sign, I'm just wandering what will be the next step...

One of my host universities has just e-mailed me, they told me that the results should be available in the middle of June, and they would send the admission notice and JW202 at the end of June... So hopefully we don't have to wait for the final decision until the end of June.

I was just wondering, how will we be notified again? Will it be through the Hanban website or by the individual host universities emailing us? I also am wondering what happens if we get accepted into our top two choices. Would we get a choice in the matter?

@Madayou

We have a Confucius Institute in our country, but not at my university. And this is how our recommending institution became the Embassy :)

I decided to apply for the EU Window scholarship as well, so I hope I will get either the Confucius Institute Scholarship or the EU Window.

ok now I am a bit confused, because I never got to see tuijian in my status but now it says

“接收院校审核中”- 录取

(意见:身份属实,材料齐全)

Is this one step before or after the tuijian? I don't even know if that's a good sign now or not.

@mayuuuc: I think it is something about being accepted to one of the host universities. But which one? :S I don't know it is before or after the last decision of Hanban, though...

@ZhangKaiRong

well I know the general meaning, I'm just freaking out a bit because I didn't have the other step that everyone else here seems to have!

My documents were sent to nanjing daxue, so I assume that's the university that is accepting me.

I guess I'll just have to wait like the rest!

@mayuuuc

I suppose your status is after the tuijian, due to the fact that no host universities can enroll students whose status has not been confirmed by the recommending institution. Participating Chinese universities are linked to the CIS online system, so they see all the changes in your status. I'm quite sure it works like this way - there were applicants in my country who has not been confirmed by the Embassy, and they got a mail from the host universities that they had to reject these people's application because they missed the signature of the recommending institutiion.

So I think you should relax, only the Hanban's round is coming, but I don't really think that they reject applicants who has already been enrolled :)

only the Hanban's round is coming, but I don't really think that they reject applicants who has already been enrolled

Really? My situation is that the recommending institution already recommended me (“推荐机构择优确认中”- 推荐 / (意见:同意推荐) and the university I applied to (host university) is the same where I already study. So the only thing I seem to need is a 'yes' from Hanban. It's hard to wait until next month to hear the final answer!

I just got an e-mail from my secondly preferred host institution that they can't see my online application. I don't know how it can happen, because my only option in the online system is to print my application form, so I have already submitted it. And I know that I am in the system, the status changes indicate this as well... Has anyone of you experienced this problem?

I had the same problem, so I contacted with my Confucius Institute and let them ask from Hanban. I was told that right now the online application is available for the first choice institution, and only if I should be rejected by them will the second choice be able to see it. I know it`s frustrating, but there should be no worries. At least it proves they haven`t lost the documents on their way to China, as happened last year with several of my coursemates.

P.S. @ZhangKaiRong - my first choice was Qingdao Ocean University, so there is a chance we might end up meeting there one day.

• Like 1

Ah, 非常感谢, Loki! :) I was really worried, but I'm relieved now. Hope that the uni preferred on the first place decides soon...

If we both end up in Qingdao Ocean Uni, you are my guest for a drink ;)

不客气!

The only thing I`m wondering about is whether I should explain the situation to the second choice uni and let them know they are actually the second - I fear it may somehow damage my chances :P

I don't think so that there will be hard feelings from the university :) BtW, they see your preference list, because it's on your application form, so it shouldn't have been a big surprise for them :D

OK, there is no official confirmation yet, but I just checked my online status from the system and it says as follows:

状态:“接收院校审核中”- 录取

(意见:该批学生经审核,材料完整,身份属实,具有一定的汉语基础,成绩良好,且对汉语学习和中国文化表现出了浓厚的兴趣,推荐机构经审查属实,经我校相关部门进行材料审核后,决定予以录取。 )

Seems that there is hope, but knowing the workings of Chinese bureaucracy, I don`t dare to celebrate yet :P

• Like 1