Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Hi,

I'm from Malaysia. I took NEW HSK 4 last October 2011.

I got this message when I logged in Confucious Institute Scholarship website:

状态:“接收院校审核中”- 录取

(意见:符合要求,同意录取。)

If successful, I might be joining this September intake.

Anyone has an idea about it?

• New Members

tleejhin:

it seems that we're the lucky ones :) You'll get to the next step after the university you chose reviews your application materials, but nobody's status with this message on the forum has gotten any further yet. The 意见 is probably written by your first preference university, which would mean you have made it, congrats!

The next step is getting approved by Hanban, which shouldn't be a problem

• Like 1

If anyone has any questions about specific universities, or wants to make contact with people studying there (or who have studied there, or who will be studying there) look here, find the correct institution and post away. Please keep this topic for discussions scholarship applications only.

cleufir :

Thanks for your info & wishes. If that is for real, I'm really looking forward to it. As I saw the status in the website, I'm a bit confused as I haven't received any official announcement at the recommended insititution at my side in Malaysia.

So which university are you choosing? Perhaps we could meet up there. My both universities of preference are located in Beijing.

• New Members

tleejhin:

the application process seems to be a bit mysterious :) According to the rules on CIS website we should get to another step by 5. of June. But neither my chosen university nor the Confucius institute which recommended me stick to the given deadlines (university wants the materials long before deadline, my CI sent them after, but they say everything is according to rules and that I can start packing my luggage)... at least the status says that we've been admitted

Do you happen to know when your materials have been sent to Beijing?

I chose Sichuan University in Chengdu for both preferences, a bit off hand from Beijing :)

• Like 1

cleufir :

I'm not sure the exact time but I think my materials have been sent end of April, and I saw the status of awaiting approval or something early May. I just saw the latest message earlier in the website this week, so I think I may have to wait for another week for an official announcement.

Mine are BFSU and Tsingdao University.

Anyway, congratulations to you too. If successful, I can’t wait sharing the joy. By the way, where do you come from?

Hello all

my friend status is :

(意见:同意录取,追加名额)

does any one know what does 追加名额 mean ?

@Hesham 119 : 追加名额-- the additional quota

For me, 状态:“接收院校审核中”- 录取

(意见:录取)... Is it means that the Hanban and the university accepted me to study there?

• Like 1

Congratulations to everyone who is getting the scholarship!

I think I don't have much hope anymore. My status changed to “推荐机构择优确认中”- 推荐 (意见:同意推荐) on May 16th, but went back to “推荐机构择优确认中” May 24th and there haven't been changed after that. I guess they made a mistake or something. I've tried asking my university (where I study now and which is also the host university), but didn't get any answers.

• Like 1

@xuefang, universities tend not to know until mid or late june when csi officially notifies them. In fact I found out I received the scholarship from checking the website and asked the school if that was a guarantee. at first they said they didnt have any information, but after I showed them the website, they said that means I had received the scholarship.

The status' change so often that you shouldnt be worried unless it changes to something negative like 不录取 or 不通过 or something like that :D

• Like 2

This status changes is quite annoying, it can change by the day!

Mine right now is : 状态:“接收院校审核中”- 录取

(意见:符合录取条件,同意录取。)

I guess it looks good for now, but with Chinese bureaucracy nothing is certain.

• Like 1

• New Members

Dear all,

I was wondering if someone could please help me understand what my status is.

I am not sure if I have been accepted at the university, or if the below status refers to the recommending institute. I also don't know exactly what do they mean by 追加名额.

(意见:追加名额。)

Thank you so much in advance, and good luck to everyone!

C.