Chinese-Forums

Please somebody TRY to help me!!!

hitman

Hey guys! This is so frustrating:cry:

For some reason my ZDT stopped working a couple of days ago, it crashes everytime I try to start it, respectively it doesn´t even load.

So, basically a similar problem to the one described in this thread:

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/25-beijing-language-cultural-university921

However, even after un- and reinstalling, it still says: "Unable to find valid database,...."

Right, so I select the original user.script from the thread mentioned above and it seems to work. But when I try to create a new category, what i get is what you can view in the attachement. Obviously importing my backup.data doesn´t work either...

Anyone know what i could do, just wanna use my beloved ZDT again :-?:help

Thx

Hitman

P.S.: My OS is Vista ( no, not Vista Business, so no shadow copies)

3073_thumb.attach

nevermind, it´s up and running again, but I could not restore my previously saved categories, ah well....

At least i can use ZDT again!

I´ve got no idea though why it works now, did another uninstall, reinstalled it to a whole different directory, selected the original user.script from the other thread and now it´s all good

When I try to import my zdt.backup file the programm just lists the default categories, although the other data is in that file as well:cry:

Anyway, thanks for your reply,

Hitman

• 1 month later...

oh dear,:x

similar issue again,.....

ZDT stopped working a couple of days ago, so i reinstalled it and selected the user.script.orig.txt as database.

Now i can look up words from the cedict, but when i try to import my saved categories i get the exact same error message.

When trying to restore my zdt.backup file i´m getting the same problem (see attachement)

I have a feeling that the recent troubles started when i installed the German Dictionary Handedict... (http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/15-cctv-learn-chinese782)

Worked perfectly fine in the beginning but after a while I ended up, where I am again now....

Any ideas what to do ???

Thanks

Hitman

3152_thumb.attach