Chinese-Forums

pls help me to make decision regarding chines course

bolant

Hey

I need to make a decision regarding to whice course i will study chines, in the University-DONGHUA ,and will be happy to hear some opinions

Do you think one semester (beginning of March to July) whice in the clas will take act 3 times a week, 3 of 45 minutes, every time Would be enough to get basic infrastructure to communicate daily Chinese language (especially important to me is to get good in speech and less reading and writing)

or will it be better for me,to chose a course of 5 days a week, 4 hours

the thing is that the 5 days a week Cross is going on 8:30 in the morning and I live 1.5hour away from the school (in the metro at peak hours) and unfortunately the dorm rooms are full ,also It I have a good place to live in podong,

and the 3 day a week course occurs in the evening ,that much more comfortable time for Arrival and it also can Integration with my other activities.

The idea to learn Chinese was born unexpectedly jast in the last days so I'm not really sure that 5 days a week is the appropriate framework,it can be Aintsnibi for the beginning?

On the other end i am looking to get a good foundation of the Chinese language

talking with teachers at the school understood the full course has 3 different teachers with 3 different books And it is more in depth -and includes writing and reading, while the 3 days aweek course only have one book and one teacher.

the 2 courses are entry-level and i never learned Chinese before

I have two days to make a decision

Thanks

4 hours a day for 5 days a week vs 3 hours a day 3 times a week. Well, clearly you'll learn A LOT more Chinese if you have more than double the amount of classes, from better teachers too, as I understand.

If you're serious about learning Chinese, you can either move to a place closer to the better school, or find a better school closer to where you live.

Either way, good luck!

We can't really make your decision for you. But three days a week is less effective than five days a week, especially when outside the country three days a week as a beginner is a recipe for failure according to my experience.

Especially if you want to get as fluent as possible in just one semester, you need to study as much as you can. Three days won't be enough, unless you supplement that by tutoring and the like.

• 2 weeks later...