Chinese-Forums

Pivate Schools in Chengdu/ Chengdu Uni

g1izmo

Hey,

Ive scoured the web and this forum and have had no luck finding private language schools in Chengdu or Chongqing, not even one! I dont really want to attend university mainly because of the larger classes and the overpriced overly basic accomodation that comes with it. At the moment the best option, infact, the only option I have is at Chengdu University (class size ~6).

Does anybody know of any private language schools/institutes in the south west?

Any reviews or experiences from Chengdu Uni would be well appreciated.

R

I also don't know any, but you might consider getting a private university teacher. In Jiaoda, they usually ask for 80 Yuan / hour, so quiet cheap. You might consider take 10 lessons a week at a private teacher, pay a student 25 Yuan a hour for another 10 lessons a week and get a 20 hours a week schedule. This gives you still enough time to practice characters for a few hours every day and have some fun.

Try emailing : language [language@shinyway.com.cn]

http://www.chinesetown.net/en/BranchSchool/

I went to the school in Hangzhou last year. It was very good.

Actually I wanted to go the chengdu, but couldn't find any private schools at the time.

They notified me in september last year that they started classes in chengdu.

Hi, I live in Chengdu and there are a number of private language schools. I use Chinese Corner and have always been very pleased with the teachers, who are very professional, so I would recommend you contact them first. Here is a list:

Chinese Corner http://chinesecorner.cn/chinese/index.asp tel: 0086 28 85554728

Five Rivers Language School don't have contact details so try google

Vertigo www.cdhanyu.com tel: 0086 28 85510152

• 3 years later...

Hi I tried replying to this thread earlier but my post didn't make it, not sure why. So here goes. I have studied at both Universities and privat langauge schools. In large classes, small classes and one-on-one classes. My preference to 'learn' a langauge in my learning style is NOT a university. Unless you need some sort of credentials or degree out of it I have found one-on-one learning or small class size (3-4 people) the best environment for me to learn both spoken and written chinese. I live in Chengdu and would recommend fiver rivers language center. They use Chinese Made Easier Curriculum and others but most importantly they have been extrememely valuable in keeping me progressing in Chinese, particularly spoken Chinese. I know there are probably many more places out there and several in Chengdu. (see "chengdoo" website for listings) My vote is with five rivers. You can find them at http://www.fiverivers-language.com