Chinese-Forums

小熊维尼 and other kids shows in Mandarin

bumclouds

Hey folks,

I've been learning Mandarin pretty intensively now for about 18 months. I think it would help my chinese to watch some kids TV shows. Other chinese shows like sitcoms or dramas I think would be too fast for me.

I found a couple of episodes of Winnie the Pooh (the 3-d version) dubbed in Mandarin which were just perfect for my level. I found it by searching for "Xiao xiong wei ni" (小熊维尼) and "Wei ni xiong" (维尼熊). However, everything I click on the website brings up Pooh in English with Chinese subtitles. I want Chinese audio with no subtitles!!!

Would you folks be able to fish out some Pooh episodes for me, which have the talking in Chinese? If you have some other kids shows you'd recommend post those too!!

Thankyou!!

- Andrew (安德鲁)

If you have some other kids shows you'd recommend post those too!!

When I first started learning Chinese, I was looking for authentic Chinese material I could relate to. I have always been a big Peanuts fan, and lo and behold, the first shopping mall I went into had the whole "Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show" with English/Mandarin audio and Chinese subtitles. It probably won't be hard for you to find it if you are in China and you look around for it. (Edit: And if you are not in China, you can get it off amazon.cn. I got single VCDs, but that seems like a much better deal. As you can see, it says 配音语言:普通话/英语,字幕语言:中文.) I reckon the level should be just right for you if you've studied intensely for 18 months.

If you're looking for something more authentically Chinese, though, I'd baidu 喜羊羊. (I think the full name of the show is 喜羊羊与灰太狼.)That has more of a Chinese flavor to it and is surprisingly enjoyable. Most episodes are online and are subtitled.

I'm living in Australia atm, not China yet! Although hopefully someday soon ;)

I will look on ebay and amazon for peanuts dvds..!

Edit: I could not buy peanuts DVD on amazon.cn :( When i register it asks for:

姓名:

地址:

Then 省, 市, 区,,,, from a drop-down list of chinese provinces and cities..

:*(

Edited by bumclouds

Okay!! 1 x DVD of 小熊维尼与跳跳虎 and 3 x DVD of 史努比的故事 arrived in the mail today from chinese amazon ;). Thanks for all your help guys. This should keep me occupied for a while..

I have been watching 喜羊羊 quite a bit .. im 9 episdoes in.. But it's just way too fast for me.. I can only pick up the characters names and some very short phrases here and there. I have to keep pause pause pause pause!! rewind rewind rewind.... :-? gosh, learning Chinese is tough...

Nice, have fun. By the way, something that you should be aware of, my Snoopy DVDs have the Chinese sound track on the left channel and English on the right, so I actually have to lock the stereo to either left or right channel manually when watching mine. I'm not sure if that is the case with yours.