Chinese-Forums

Clubbing in China

AlexanderH

Seems most of the popular bars/clubs are in the Northeast region of Beijing in Sanlitun. I don't care for the music in clubs, so I'll leave that comparison to someone else. The first ones that jump to mind are Vics and Mixs with many of the large hotels having their own.

Beer on the street: 2.5kuai

Beer in club:35-60+kuai

I'm sure they have this in US/Europe, but many clubs employ women just to be there. Friend of mine asked an employee how many girls were on staff that night and it turned out to be 40+.

Mass transportation starts to shut down after 10:30pm? This coincides with cab fares shooting up after 11:00pm, so leave the club with cash in your pocket.

There are many clubs that cater to different tastes like hip hop or just current pop music, so it also depends on what you like. Although they may advertise a live DJ, it seems a lot of clubs have the same play-list...

• 3 weeks later...
MIX (and probably VICS) is only 30RMB on weekdays and free for girls on ladies nights.

MIX is free for both man and woman on sunday.

VICS is free for both as well on ladies night, but on sunday woman is free while the boys need to pay 30 RMB if im not mistaken.