Chinese-Forums

What is the best way to say "I have a question"?

Yezze

So i have been taking online Chinese for 3 years now, and i was talking to my friend (Chinese foreign exchange student for Beijing) and said "Wo you wenti". She asked me what i meant, and i said, i thought that meant "i have a question". I have always used that in my Chinese class to say that i have a question (the teacher asks "Ni you wenti ma". She told me that it meant " i have a problem".

Could anyone enlighten me on this topic, as in, tell me what the best/most common way to state that i have a question in Mandarin is.

Thanks.

Yezze. 我有问题not only means i have a question.. other means that there is something wrong about your body. your mind etc.. that not a good word.. you know? is you want to say i have a question. there is some words :请问一下! or 我有疑问! and so on.

i am a native chinese!

我有一個問題 would work, I guess, but just do as bhchao suggested and use 請問.

我有問題 does sound a bit like "I have [mental] problems", at least to my non-native ear.

...two learned friends beat me to it. Surely your question has been answered now :wink:

Think it would be worth while for me to point out to my teacher that i have received good advice how to say i have a question, better than 我有问题?
It depends on the teacher, but many Chinese teachers don't really like it when students correct them. If you want to bring it up, you can pose it as a question: I heard that 我有一個問題 is a good way to say 'I have a question', is that correct, what are other ways to say it?

It depends on the teacher, but many Chinese teachers don't really like it when students correct them. If you want to bring it up, you can pose it as a question: I heard that 我有一個問題 is a good way to say 'I have a question', is that correct, what are other ways to say it?

That is how i was thinking of doing it, it would be way to rude to just tell her that i heard a better way to say it than she told us. I plan on asking it in a question. (ex- what is better way to say i haves a qusetion...)

Thanks though.

The most common two word set that you put in the phrase that you started with is:

头脑

"我头脑有问题" means "my brain have problem", so if you say 我有问题, it means you have a problem with yourself, not that you have a question to ask.

I think we've cleared that one up anyway.(sh)