Chinese-Forums

Touchy subject (condoms in china?)

AlexanderH

The only relationship where I can imagine not to use condoms any longer is a marriage.

If there is a threat of an STD, even marriage won't substitute for medical treatment - provided that it's treatable.

If preventing an unwanted pregnancy is an issue, a guy can also have a procedure to shoot blanks - although it's best to use that one for complying with the one-child laws. :mrgreen:

@Putonghua -- you need to post a disclaimer for the sake of our gentle readers to the effect that not all "activity partnerships" turn out so well and lead to this degree of intimacy. Would not want them to have unrealistic expectations.

Problem solved! A friend is going to spend 5 days in Hong Kong before returning back to Kunming, so I've put in an 'order'.

@Putonghua -- you need to post a disclaimer for the sake of our gentle readers to the effect that not all "activity partnerships" turn out so well and lead to this degree of intimacy. Would not want them to have unrealistic expectations.

We were in contact with each other since February via email, and I first met her in person the week after I arrived. I guess by that time we had built up a rapport via email, and it translated in person - so things progressed a lot MORE quickly than either of us anticipated. I didn't expect to have intimate relations and a girlfriend within 3 weeks of arriving.

She fits my criteria, and I seemingly fit hers, and aside from a few complications, things are developing well between us. So as of the week before last, "activity partner" has become "girlfriend".

It also helped that I was the only one who replied to her without sending her a thinly veiled offer of sexual intimacy straight off the bat.

Whilst we are discussing an intimate topic, are there any issues with buying 'lubrication' from Watsons, say? I bought my own with me from the UK as from previous experience, KY Jelly or similar, is just as important as making sure one has reliable birth control [condoms].

Cheers!

Problem solved! A friend is going to spend 5 days in Hong Kong before returning back to Kunming, so I've put in an 'order'.
Not to rain on your parade, but does that solve the problem? Are HK condoms bigger than mainland ones, considering that both are sold to Chinese men?

@Gato

Yep, I'm always the late one to arrive at parties, whose immediate choice of conversation, was discussed ohhhh 5 minutes before ;)

Not to rain on your parade, but does that solve the problem? Are HK condoms bigger than mainland ones, considering that both are sold to Chinese men?

I made the presumption that there would be a higher probability of international brands sold in Hong Kong re: condoms. You've now raised the spectre of doubt in my mind!

Cheers!