Chinese-Forums

Does anyone know where to download Chinese fonts for free?

Wang Yao

Hey there everyone,

Yet another question, this one related to Chinese fonts. I like doing graphic design in my spare time, and I am looking at making some Chinese banners and posters (just for fun, none of these are going to be published or anything). I am wondering if anyone knows a site with free Chinese fonts available for download?

Particular kinds of fonts I'm looking for are either from the Kai family or miscellaneous. I am looking for interesting, funky kinds of fonts.. I'm not sure of the extent of styles available in Chinese, so if I'm blabbering on about stuff that makes no sense, please tell me.

But yeah, I'm looking for something like:

- A bubbly, fun font

- A handwritten/cursive Chinese font

- Ancient/Classical Chinese font (this could be in a number of forms)

- really.. majestic looking? Something like Kaiti but maybe more swooping/expressive?

Simplified fonts are preferred, but Traditional will work as well.

Thanks again for the help in advance~ ^_^

-W. Yao.

Thank you so much! ^_^ I've already found quite a few cool looking ones from those links (I had actually found a few of those before while looking on Google, but for some reason I couldn't get them to install properly - I just tried again now, though, and they're working just fine!).

对你再次感谢啦~

(Also, to the mod who translated the title of this, thank you - I'll write English titles from here on out. My bad. XD)

• 10 years later...

I wonder if anyone of you knows, which fonts they use for NPCR or Integrated Chinese for the Chinese texts?

I have been learning Chinese exclusively online and I struggle quite a bit with those fonts that more resemble handwritten Chinese. Are there any such fonts available for free so I can convert my online texts to this font and practice?

• 8 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 6:32 PM, mungouk said:

Integrated Chinese uses this KaiTi font:

CTKaiTiSJ http://www.font168.com/m/view.php?aid=2023

But any KaiTi font already on your system will look very similar. 

I only just realised you can choose the font type you like to display text in Chrome [go to settings...]. Having installed this KaiTi font now, I can practice reading with this font. I really struggle recognising characters written in those calligraphy-ish fonts.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

One year later, I am very pleased I can now much better recongnise characters written in those calligraphy-ish fonts.

image.thumb.png.ddebff886e9882e146e5e8f9181e088c.png

Today I installed Ma Shan Zheng font (see below) (https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Ma+Shan+Zheng). Granted it is an easy text from the HSK 2 level of TCB, but I feel quite comfortable with it. And, since it is a a little less clear than Kaiti, I will practice with it. 

image.thumb.png.6ec05bd85e5196b95014f0aaefb9c592.png

There are plenty of fonts on here: https://chinesefonts.org/ 

Unfortunately, Chrome does not seem to accept or display all of them.

To me practicing with different fonts ingrains the characters better in my mind

• Like 2