Chinese-Forums

info on SISU-Shanghai

piccolaiena

Hello everyone,

this July i'm gonna attend a chinese summer course at Shanghai International Studies University.

This is the first time for me in China!!!

Is there anyone that has already been at SISU? Can anyone give me any information about how my life will be there? what i will do after the lessons? how will i spend my free time? how is life in the campus for a foreign student?

thank you a lot i hope i'll find someone who'll answer me!

Don't mind me, I'm just subscribing myself to this thread.

I too am considering going to SISU next semester and would be grateful for any information regarding scholarship students at SISU. I am currently at Beijing Language and Culture Uni and scholarship students don't get the best treatment here in terms of accommodation in particular. I'm curious if this is a pattern.

:)

Hello everyone,

this July i'm gonna attend a chinese summer course at Shanghai International Studies University.

This is the first time for me in China!!!

Is there anyone that has already been at SISU? Can anyone give me any information about how my life will be there? what i will do after the lessons? how will i spend my free time? how is life in the campus for a foreign student?

thank you a lot i hope i'll find someone who'll answer me!

Yes, I spent a semester at SISU.. Overall it was a good experience but it also depends on your Chinese level going in. Having to do it over again I'd go to East China Normal University. Much better college (IMO).. SISU was good, had a lot of foreign students and not bad on campus accomodations. I think the Upper level (more advanced) courses in SISU are fine. The lower level courses however (as I looked in on a couple) seemed wild and crazy (students just wanting to have fun, not study).

Here's the link for ECNU

http://www.ecnu.edu.cn/english/

As far as off time, that's up to your interests. I spent my time in the parks learning martial arts.

Hope this helps.