Chinese-Forums

Can Anyone Recommend A Martial Arts School In Beijing?

xiaojiang216

各位好:

I will be studying abroad in Beijing for this upcoming fall semester (about 4 months). This is the first time I will have been in China long enough to take martial arts classes (yay!). I have been studying Uechi-ryu Karate for many years (1st Dan) and am interested in studying Wing Chun (咏春) and hopefully another discipline such as Changquan (长拳).

Can anyone recommend a martial arts school that teaches either of these disciplines and is ideally close to Fengtai or a relatively central location?

谢谢!

- 小陶

zhouhaochen - Thanks for your reply. I will look into the information on their website. For some reason I cannot get to the Chinese version of the site? Hmmm....

I came across this website and it looks like the organization has several schools around the city. 王志鹏 is also a very well-known Wing Chun practitioner.

Does anyone on the forum study Wing Chun or any other kind of martial arts in China?

• 1 month later...

hey xiaojiang

i will be studying chinese in tsinghua this fall.

dabbled in a lot of things.

1st dan shotokan, done a few years wingchun, choylayfut,

lived in shaolin for a few months training shaolin kung fu.

where will u be living ?

i will be on tsinghua campus.

if u are near we can meet up once nd a while nd do some training.

i know of a few clubs in wingchun, bagua zhang, chen shi taiqi, chang quan

i know some people who know a lot more if need be.

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Hi 4leaf,

Planning a trip to Beijing from London with work and have arranged it so that I'm there a few days before the work event.

Please could you offer some advice on where and how to organise some classes in any type of Wing Chun for 1,2,3 of October (next month) please? I have also seen this website which looks great with lots of classes including the days I need, but looks like the only way to register is by going to the Shuang jing branch, which I can't do until I get there and would prefer to have something arranged beforehand.

Hope you can help,

Emma

• 1 month later...

Hi emma

yikes i haven't logged on since my last entry so i only just seen your message.

so so so sorry. did you try out that wing chun club in the end ? are u still in beijing ?

if so you can give me a shout. my email is kanturakantura@gmail.com

sorry again

take care

4leaf