Chinese-Forums

"come To The Conclusion"

Yezze

I was wondering if there was a Chinese equivalent of the English saying "I have come to the conclusion that.......". Or would the best way to say that simply be to say 我想 or 我觉得 (not sure which would be better, if one even is the right way)

(if these are wrong, let me know...i only have 2.5 yrs of high school Chinese classes as experience)

Ex-我想你没有车/Wo xiang ni mei you che. OR 我觉得你没有车/Wo jue de ni mei you che

Would one of those be the best way? or is there a better way.

Thanks

Edited by Yezze

我得出结论

It's kind of formal, of course, and you wouldn't really use it to say "我得出结论:你没有车", unless you're trying to be funny or something. As for how you would best express what you're trying to say, I guess you could try something like 你没有车,对吧?

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments. The car was just an example, i would be using it more so to tease some people... as in saying "I have come to the conclusion that 你算错了", if that even makes sense to add those words before 你算错了, or would that not really make logical sense?

hello.

in formal conversations or writing,我得出结论 or 结论是,is frequently used.

while in daily communications ,我想 or 我觉得,is a good option.总而言之,总之would be a compromise option.

also,been a native ,i 've no idea how to use this to tease someone...

maybe it's just one of some many culture differences

it really depends on your context. maybe you could try : 好像你没有车吧,对不对? it gives it the cultural edge of not being pompous, allows the listener to have the upper hand (and you to be appropriately modest), and shows that you made some sort of decision, or came to some sort of conclusion that was based on some facts or information that made you :come to the conclusion"

Thanks for the comments. The car was just an example, i would be using it more so to tease some people... as in saying "I have come to the conclusion that 你算错了", if that even makes sense to add those words before 你算错了, or would that not really make logical sense?

I mean, it would probably sound mocking and deliberately pretentious in Chinese, just as it would in English -- "After observing your daily habits and circadian rythms, I have come to the conclusion...that you have no car." That's what you're going for, right?

Come to the conclusion that... isn't really that commonly used in every day conversation, IMO. There is also "其实", (actually). So you could say "你其实没有车,对不对" or something like that (You dont actually have a car (do you?)).

You could add a slight commedy tint to it by saying something more official (as listed previously) and you could say something like 我认为 (my opinion on this is that you have no car (hahaha)).