Chinese-Forums

Best Faye Wong Song Of The Day

roddy

By the utterly scientific method of flicking through the forty or so Faye Wong songs I have on my battered old 2nd gen nano until I found one that made me think 'that's definitely the one I like best, I'll never change my mind ever'.

Used to listen to it when running or politely shouldering my way through subway rush hours. 将爱 Also on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W4N7irC-HI

(I think, can't check)

For something slower, it's hard to beat 我愿意.

Ok, I have a new one, 乘客. It's traditional for me to listen to this, assuming I have it on my ipod at the time, as I travel in from an airport to whatever city I've just landed at. I had a sneaking suspicion as I was writing the first post that I had forgotten something. I think this was it.

Gougou, same for me -- or at least, it's the first song I heard in karaoke that made me ask who the singer was. There was a different album out at the time though, with a bit of trendy drum & base, very good too. Roddy, 将爱 works for rushing on the subway (definitely: I can remember listening to it on the tube in London), but how about 新房客 (from the album I'm talking about) for the long-distance train station or airport?

So when will the "best Chinese pop song to introduce complex grammar" thread be kicking off?

I like Faye Wong. Can anyone recommend some other good Chinese (Mandarin) singers?

This thread is about Faye Wong. Take a look at this thread for ideas of good Chinese (Mandarin) singers (though many singers on the thread sings in Cantonese, a very influential dialect).

Wasn't there a DVD album she did called 将爱?I'm trying to find a version that has the music videos so I can read the captions as I watch. I don't know if I could find that when I get to China next month.