Chinese-Forums

海洋天堂 Ocean Heaven

skylee

Jet Li looks so different that the film appears quite interesting -> http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTc3NDUwODQw.html

The trailer reminds me of the old Korean film Christmas in August (8월의 크리스마스 / 八月照相館) where the son, knowing his own illness, teaches his father different things (eg how to use the VCR) so that his father can take care of himself after he is gone.

Jet Lee is a superstar of martial art in movies, that is and should always be his ONLY identity. I like most of his movies and expect him to do more in this line.

IMHO, he's not working on his own business doing other genres.他不务正业.

I think it is very good (and brave) of him to try something else. He did extremely well in 投名狀, which strictly speaking was not really an action film, and won a best actor award in Hong Kong.

Nice to meet a big movie fan here. Skylee, you're making a point that he's brave to make new tries and got rewarded. What I expect from him is new greater new movies and performances overtaking Jackie Chan or even Bruce Lee.

He's talented enough to do more in this single narrow slot, in the same way as Jose Morinho has just become European Champion for the second time. The award might not contribute much to his reputation in long run.

Trying his legs on a new bicycle occasionally is not a problem at all. What I emphasize here is the sense of direction in long-term development. This is not an argument though, we love Jet Lee and his movies, old and new alike.