Chinese-Forums

English Teaching Job

the_doc

Dear friends,

I am a medical graduate with 3 years of clinical experience.But i am also a part timi English teacher,I am non-Native English speaker.I have been graduated from China(I am non-chinese).I know English and Chinese very well.I also have got a certificate of proficiency in English.I have also got writing skills.All of my education throught my educational careear conducted in English.So is there any chance for me to get an English teacher job in China.i have lived in China for 5 years already.whats my chances?

Regards

Asad

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow reply but I am a new member of this website so I wouldn't have had a chance to reply earlier. I want to say anything is possible especially in China, but your writing is not up to the level it should be to teach University students. It may pass in a primary school however.

The main requirements though, sadly, are not skill..

Are you from the USA/AUZ/NZ/UK?

Are you white?

Do you have a bachelors degree from an accredited foreign University?

Those above conditions are something you need to consider seriously. On the other hand, My best friend here in China is a black guy from Gianna Africa, though he is the exception as he has a teaching certificate and speaks fluent mandarin.

Good luck