Chinese-Forums

Buying From Taobao In The Us

Hofmann

Here's a website that discusses how to buy from Taobao in general but is written primarily for English-speakers living in China:

http://taobaofieldguide.com/how-to-buy-from-taobao/how-to-buy-from-taobao

However, if you search in Google for "Taobao" and "buying", you'll come up with various websites that say they will act as your middleman if you're living outside of China.

See also, http://taobaofieldguide.com/taobao-guides/buying-on-taobao-from-overseas

If you've got a seller willing to ship internationally and can sort out payment - international transfer would be slow but perhaps possible, some may take paypal, you may have local online banking or an Alipay account - then there's no reason why not.

Even sellers not advertising international shipping may be willing if you get in touch and offer to cover costs.

A member in this thread offered to be a go between. Not sure if anyone has taken them up on the offer.

I've used obook twice, which is one of the "taobao agents" mentioned in the Xiwang's link above. I liked the service. It basically involved emailing them what I wanted and they sent me back a quote. I chose fairly quick shipping options, so the shipping costs ended up being more than the books I was ordering. (edit: I ordered from the US).

Thanks. I can't register using their cell phone authentication thing with my American cell phone. Is it possible to use someone else's cell phone and change it later? (Or do I have to get them to send something to me by mail?)

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • New Members

No. Taobao needs me to provide my mobile number now. I don't know if i can buy taobao stuff myself. It seems more difficult than i usually did on 85china. All Chinese character in taobao, i don't know what they are meaning.

• 1 year later...
  • New Members

Admin Note: Letting this through, as some people might find it useful. As always, remember buyer beware.

Hello, My name is Minnie

I am a Taobao buying assistant from China.

Taobao is the largest online retail and wholesale website in China, we at Taobao buying assist customers in the purchase of items from taobao.com and forward their shipments from China to the rest of the world at a low cost.

We also assist our customers by communicating with sellers on their behalf, we can inspect our customers products upon request before shipping internationally for no extra charge.

How does it work?

1: Buyer sends us links to desired items including colours/sizes/quantity

2: We send you the invoice for your selected items and domestic shipping (+10% our fee)

3: Buyer sends payment

4: We purchase your items from sellers

5: We inspect your order and invoice you for international shipping

6: Buyer sends payment for international shipping and items are shipped within 1 business day

We ship with your choice of EMS, DHL, UPS, TNT or China Post

*We(taobaobuying) offer 45% discount off the EMS official pricing for EMS shipments*

If you have any questions or would like to make a order please don't hesitate to contact me and I will assist you and give you a professional Taobao buying experience.

We have been serving our customers since 2009 and I am looking forward to assisting you with your Taobao buying needs.

- Minnie

Web: www taobaobuying com

Email: taobaobuyingservice at gmail com