Chinese-Forums

Large Bookstores In Guangzhou?

missbrokensmile

I'm looking for some BLCU published books, and on the 广购书业 site, I can find some of the books I want, but not all of them. I'm under the impression that this is the largest (and best) bookstore in Guangzhou. Is this true?

A friend of mine is travelling to Guangzhou in the next few days, and I want him to grab a few books for me.

Is there another (large) store that stocks a large amount of the BLCU books?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I think you guys are both talking about the same place; I call it the 购书中心 or Guangzhou Book Center, accessible through the 又一城 shopping tunnel from the 体育西路 subway exit. Definitely the biggest in Guangzhou, and I'm pretty sure it's the only place with a sizable 对外汉语 section, though failing that, if your friend happens to be shopping at 北京路 you may want to have him check the two fairly large bookstores there: 联合书店 (UN Bookstore) and 新华书店.

• Like 1

Have you been to the Guangzhou Book Center recently? They used to have lots of Chinese learning material but when they moved the books to another place (same floor) majority of the books seem to be gone. I'm just wondering why is that or did they hide the books somewhere I couldn't find them?

• 3 years later...

Update- just went today and they still have plenty of learning material. Rather pricy compared to online buying (I heard Dandan was good, maybe I'll check it out). They have a good selection of HSK books, including the 真题集 books, which I far prefer to the 模拟 (the actual previous tests as opposed to the made up mock tests).

• Like 1