Chinese-Forums

Korean TV series

skylee

Thanks, bhchao. But I have already bought the DVD of 슬픈연가 and am going to start it soon.

I have finished watching 봄날. I don't think I recommend it. Yet I have heard that this series' ratings were higher than 슬픈연가.

I have just finished watching 슬픈연가.

I have just read some articles on the internet saying that Bae Yong-jun is out la. Rising stars getting lots of attention include 趙仁成 and 池珍熙.

Have you watched 宋承憲's Summer Scent? Actually he was supposed to star as Kwon Sang Woo's competitor for Kim Hee Sun's heart in 슬픈연가, but dropped out after the Korean government found out that he evaded serving in the army.

Song was so popular among his fans that they begged the Korean government not to require him to join the army, but the government said no. Otherwise it would set a bad precedent for future army dodgers. He and Kwon are supposedly very good friends, and the latter almost quit acting due to Song's departure for the army.

On a side note, Kim Hee Sun is going to star opposite Jackie Chan in the upcoming Hong Kong flick The Myth.

No, but I have watched his "Autumn Fairy Tale" (가을동화) and like it very much (so much that I went to visit that little river in Korea, and bought its soundtrack CD, and use its title song as my mobile's ringtone).

I find it difficult to finish 슬픈연가, because I keep falling asleep :D . There are still 1.5 episodes left. Since there is still no deadly illness or car accident yet, will they happen to Kwon Sang Woo?

Since there is still no deadly illness or car accident yet, will they happen to Kwon Sang Woo?

No. :D The ending strays off the traditional 'death by illness or car accident'. It's a little bit of a surprise. Maybe you should fast forward to the very last episode, episode 20.

I like the song that is being played during Kwon's final moments. Too bad it is not on the soundtrack I bought.

The story of the series does progress pretty slow. Many viewers have complained about the tempo and said the plot was so-so, but most thought the ending was appropriate and that Kwon and Kim make a cute couple. As long as 金喜善 is in it, that is all that matters to me. :mrgreen:

It will be interesting to hear which pairing you think has the most chemistry (since you watched Stairway to Heaven), Kwon and Choi Ji-Woo, or Kwon and Kim Hee Sun.

It will be interesting to hear which pairing you think has the most chemistry

Stairway to heaven was quite unbearable (in hindsight). I like Bae Yong-Jun and Choi Ji-Woo (excellant match in Winter Sonata) and Lee Young-ae and Ji Jin-Hee (大長今).

I guess it is Taiwan dollar.

I have bought 大長今's soundtrack CD, so I have all the songs. What I bought is a package with Kelly Chan's CD, the OST, and a bonus VCD. I didn't want Kelly Chan's songs at all but that shop didn't sell the OST separately.

BTW, I cannot play the OST CD in my CD ROM (but it works fine in the CD player). It auto-plays a "the making of" short film and I don't know how to get it play the songs. Why is that? Luckily I can still convert them to mp3.

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Have you reached the point in 슬픈연가 where Hye-In recovers her eyesight? I like her Imoo.

People say that Yong Jeon Heon's character, Gunwoo, is the more realistic between the two male protagonists, meaning there are a lot of individuals today that are like him. He has power and jealousy. You will hate his character later on. :)

Kwon's character Jun Young is a little too perfect, although everyone wants to root for him. He is the gentleman.

I have finished watching "Sad Love Story". I don't think I like it. I don't particularly like any of the characters, and Yong Jeon Heon's character has very bad tastes on his clothes.

The comedy "Miss Kim's Million Dollar Quest" (百萬新娘) is quite interesting -> http://www.sbspro.co.kr/eng/sub_list_view.php?p_uid=68&category=drama&page=1&keyfield=&key=

I have finished watching "Sad Love Story". I don't think I like it. I don't particularly like any of the characters, and Yong Jeon Heon's character has very bad tastes on his clothes.

Interesting, so what interests one person can be a turnoff for another person. icon7.gif

I agree that Yong Jeon Heon's character is a very bad example of what a supporting partner should be. Very dangerous and possessive, and not being able to let go. My grandmother called him a cheap, dirty man when he threw Kim out of the house in the middle of the night.

My next project is Full House, featuring Song Hae Gyo, the lady in Autumn Fairy Tale. It's a comedy and I read a lot of good reviews on it.

Here is the plot line written by HoYoungZTokki at http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=174868&st=15. That is a Korean forum (posts are in English) with a boatload of information on past Korean TV series and current hits. I think you will find it very informative. You have to register (it is free) to view the posts.

"Basically, Alley, a Korean soon-to-be scenario writer, lives in a house named the "Full House" in Britain. However, after her father, who built the house, dies suddenly, for some reason, she finds herself kicked out of the only inheritance of her father's that she has left and sold to the heart-throb actor, Ryder Bay. Ryder Bay at the time bought the house in secret, even from his manager, to get away from everything, including the scandal that had been going around that he was a homosexual. On the way to his new home, he accidentally runs over Alley with his car and breaks her leg.

Finding out that this is the new owner of her beloved house, Alley is angered and refuses to negotiate unless she gets her house back, though she hides the fact that she used to live there cuz she's afraid that he'll think she's a con artist who sold the house and then is conning someone into giving it back to her, free of charge.

Miranda, who is one of the many girls in love with Ryder, and also his manager and long time friend, puts up a proposition to help Alley get her house back if Alley agrees to a fake engagement with Ryder, just til the homosexual rumors fade away, but she can't marry him under whatever condition. Alley, who had said "I would do anything to get back the Full House, even marry you" to Ryder, agrees, and definitely doesn't want to marry him.

However, as time goes by, the two fall in love, living together in the Full House: he takes the lower half of the house, and she takes the second floor, which is where her room originally was. Neither trusts the other. A rich handsome man named Deimon shows interests in Alley and her wittiness, and through many faults, misunderstandings come between the three, though Alley loves Ryder. Out of anger, jealousy, and love, Ryder marries Alley, but the conflicts still exist.

There are also many girls who try to split the two up, the ones in love with Ryder, and also his own family tries to split the two up, especially his younger sister who thinks that Alley is no good for her brother. The younger sister and Alley don't trust each other. Also, many guys who hate Ryder try to steal Alley away from him, and there are also many guys who love Alley, including her first love.

Basically, after a bunch of witty romantic comedy, some action, and some drama, the two finally realize each other's love for each other and live out their lives happily married, becoming one of the most stylish and popular celebrity couples, as she has succeeded in becoming a popular scenario scriptwriter and he's become more popular than ever with his acting skills."

"Full House" is being broadcast in HK (on Sunday nights). It is called 浪漫滿屋 here (not a bad translation IMHO). I've watched a few episodes (like most korean drama one need just sample some episodes to understand the whole story), and I think it is quite entertaining.

I used to like Song Hae Gyo a lot, that was when she was full and plump with all the "baby fat" (like in Autumn Fairy Tale). And it was interesting to look at her older commercials when all the green and pink colours were mercilessly put on her face. Now that she has lost weight she looks like any korean female stars, except that she is shorter.

Here the rave about 大長今 is continuing.