Chinese-Forums

A Website For Grammar For Chinese Students Of English

tokyo_girl

I am in Japan, and I know a Senior High School girl from Guangdong who

is strugging with learning English because she is having to learn it through

Japanese. (She has only been in Japan 2 years)

If she had a website to refer to with Chinese grammar explanations,

model sentences etc, it would make life much easier for her.

I would appreciate any suggestions :)

Thanks

Tokyo Girl! Always a pleasure.

Unfortunately I don't know of anything, sorry. I had a quick look and found this which looks promising at least. Or she could start with Baidupedia.

Ideally you might want to get something like this sent over - Cobuild stuff is excellent and designed for learners. That's a Chinese edition, you may be able to get an English one locally.

Or is this any use.

You should ask her to buy the "Grammar in Use" series of grammar workbooks published by Cambridge University Press. They provides very good explanations and has lots of exercises. Probably the best grammar workbook out there.

A Chinese translation is available for purchase from dangdang.com or amazon.cn:

http://search.dangdang.com/search.php?catalog=&key=+%D3%A2%D3%EF%D4%DA%D3%C3--%BD%A3%C7%C5%D3%A2%D3%EF%D3%EF%B7%A8++&SearchFromTop=1

剑桥初级英语语法(中文版)/英语在用

dangdang can ship to Japan.

Most language websites are volunteer / hobby efforts, so I don't think you are going to find any good grammar sites written in Chinese out there.

I also know of no websites that explain English grammar in Chinese, but since books have been brought up, I would like to recommend 张道真's 实用英语语法. It pretty much covers everything a student might need to know, and the example sentences for every grammar point are given in Chinese as well. It also seems to be quite popular with Chinese teachers of English - almost every school I've taught English at has a copy of this in their office, and many of the teachers carried one around with them.

A hearty xiexie from Tokyo to all.

I might get a couple of them and she can give them back to me if/when she no longer needs them.

Roddy, if I order them from clicking on the links in the post here do you get a kickback?

If there is kickback option, please let me know :)