Chinese-Forums

Does My Contract Sound Legit?

JayW

Can I use a samurai sword?

and do i need 2 years of work experience and a bachelors degree to get a z visa, anywhere in china?

You can look at some of the links from this Google search. As far as a bachelors degree, check out the end of the first paragraph here.

I'm not sure about the 2 years of work experience requirement.

Is there a Chinese embassy or consulate nearby? I suggest contacting them.

You can look at some of the links from this Google search. As far as a bachelors degree, check out the end of the first paragraph here.

I'm not sure about the 2 years of work experience requirement.

Is there a Chinese embassy or consulate nearby? I suggest contacting them.

I'm a little confused, I looked threw allot of those links, and can't find a thing about needing a bacholers degree.

I read the last part of that paragraph, and it just confused me.

I just need to know if I can or can't get a Z visa without a bacholers degree.

I don't have an embassy near me, or i would get in to contact with them.

and do i need 2 years of work experience and a bachelors degree to get a z visa, anywhere in china?

The highest law in China says that in order for teachers to get their Foreign Experts Certificate, which allows them to get their resident permit, they must:

- Be a native speaker of English

- Have a Bachelors Degree

- Have a TESOL Certificate

- Have two years of work experience

- Pass the designated medical evaluation

BUT! What is so difficult for many westerners, especially Americans, to get is that the laws in China apply differently to different people / organizations. Most schools find a way around these requirements.

So, really, you don't need to meet ANY of the criteria above for some schools to issue you a Z visa, while some schools will, and do, require that their teachers meet all of these criteria. Restrictions will be greater in areas where supply is high, such as Beijing, and lower in cities where the foreign population is low.

The important question is, what type of school do you want to work for? Do you really want to work for the kind that takes any Joe off the street and makes them work illegally on F or L visas because they cannot lawfully employ teachers?

• 9 months later...

Posts 28 and 31 by the look of it.

@James Cole, for reference, gougou isn't a native English speaker. After reading back over this thread however, and if I was judging solely on the level of English used, I know who'd I'd prefer to hire as an English teacher.

I don't think they're not interested in hiring you
I find it funny that after you insulted someone over using English incorrectly, you do it yourself. How ironic. Double negatives are a "no, no"....

I don't see what's wrong with that sentence.

Ah, I think you're right. I missed it the first time as that isn't a double negative. [At least, it isn't the type of double negative used as an emphatic negative frowned upon by grammar people; one might consider it a form of unemphatic positive (although I'm not sure), but that form is not frowned upon.]

@James Cole, correcting people's grammar is frowned upon. Correcting someone's grammar in your second post is really bad. Correcting someone's grammar in your second post and being wrong about it, well, words fail me.

• Like 3

@James Cole, correcting people's grammar is frowned upon. Correcting someone's grammar in your second post is really bad. Correcting someone's grammar in your second post and being wrong about it, well, words fail me.

Dredging up a year-old thread to correct someone's grammar in your second post and being wrong about it... Priceless!

(although JayW's writing gave me a much needed chuckle today! :rolleyes: )

• Like 1

It is a double negative and is frowned upon where I live. Anyway, it was childish of me to post on here and revive a thread to point out someone's mistake. I just don't think it was fair to harass one member's English and not anyone else. Sorry.

Also, I tried to reply to the post(s), but Permission Settings didn't allow me to.

They work for me -- but they don't do anything different than the "add reply" button on the bottom of each page. [At one point they used to automatically quote the post being replied to; but roddy thought we were over quoting and took it away from us :angry::angry::angry:.]

• 1 month later...

@56 Considering the context I think it's not really that unfair to harass only one. A teacher should have decent skills at the subject he teaches. The English he wrote is even in my non-native perspective poor.

With regards to the frowning, I don't see anything wrong with the sentence. Sure, its a bit hard too read. Considering the reference to a previous negative I doubt a different formulation would it more elegant without losing efficiency.