Chinese-Forums

Blood test report form?

xueshengDan

I have a quick question, I am going to get an L Visa for a short term language program. But, the school is requiring that I have a Physical Examination Form completed and a Blood test Report is this a specific form or do I just go and get a blood test for HIV and Syphilis and bring this with me. I am in the US and prefer to get this all done here before I leave. Thank you for your time.

Thanks Edelweis, I just had my Admission Notice sent to me and it says that I need to bring a copy of the Physical Exam and Blood test on the first day. I am only taking a three course, so I am not quite sure why this is neccessary. I found the Physical Form on the Consulate's website but have yet to find a specific blood test report form.

A three *what* course?

There is no reason for the school to require a health form if it's 3 weeks (or even 3 months). As far as I know a health form is only required if you need a visa to stay in China longer than 6 months at a time. And it requires a public hospital stamp and doctors signature. And the school may reject it for no reason at all if they want to make money by having you redo the tests in China at their partner hospital.

I suggest you check with the admission people before spending a lot of money on health tests. It is quite possible that they use the same admission notice template whatever the duration of stay.

If you decide to mention the name of the school perhaps someone who has gone before can confirm whether they needed one or not.

Thanks Edelweis, I just had my Admission Notice sent to me and it says that I need to bring a copy of the Physical Exam and Blood test on the first day. I am only taking a three course, so I am not quite sure why this is neccessary. I found the Physical Form on the Consulate's website but have yet to find a specific blood test report form.

the letter usually comes with a full set of documents, including a 2-3 page medical form. if it didnt include u can go to the local chinese embassy/consulate to ask for one. then do the test according to the items listed on the medical form, let the doctor sign, thats it. you'll probably need a cardiac report too. to play safe you should photocopy a few copies of the blank report before going to the doctor, in case you filled up wrongly and had to redo. after that also make a few copies of the written report in case the school admin/customs messed up and lost the originals.

Thanks again all, I better call the school tonight. Yes, it is a 3 week course. I made my decision to go to this university a little late, so I am trying to get all this taken care of now. Hopefully my inquirey may help others who have the same question.