Chinese-Forums

Dangers of working on an F viza?

JayW

I have a friend who wishes to work in china on an F viza, because he does not have the 2 years of work experience needed to work in beijing.

Is there other places that require less work experience to aqcuire an Z viza?

How dangerous is it to work on an F viza?

EDIT: he may have a choice between xian and nan jing, is it possible to get a z viza for either place with less then 2 years of work expiernce?

In your other thread, it sounded a lot like you had the F visa problem...

yes, ive decided to not take the job.

my friend is willing to take the chance, and id just like to help him out, by getting info.

this is still asuming he will get hired, but i would still like the info, incase i change my mind as well.

viza

aqcuire viza?

viza?

viza expiernce?

asuming incase

F visas are for people not qualified to have real teaching jobs but offered by some desperate training centers that will work you like a bareback slave in a coal mine. Welcome to China

• Like 1

F visas are for people not qualified to have real teaching jobs but offered by some desperate training centers that will work you like a bareback slave in a coal mine. Welcome to China

teaching kinder gardeners doesn't require the best spelling in the world, and if i take my time i can spell all the words right.

I expected nothing but help from these forums, not flame.

PLEASE just stay on topic.

thank you for the help you did squeeze in there.

if i take my time i can spell all the words right.

Please do.

If you want to read help into his statement, you can rephrase it as: F visas are for schools not qualified to have real teachers.

• Like 1

teaching kinder gardeners doesn't require the best spelling in the world

Right. But it will require a Z visa and gardening experience. Does your friend have a degree in horticulture?

• Like 1

Gardeners should be kinder. I encourage this. 

There is nothing worse than an unkind gardener pulling up carrots etc. with no regard for their feelings. Or those of their families.

It should ought be illegal. 

• Like 2

You can only legally work in China if you have a Z visa.

You can only get a Z visa if the company provides you with the correct documentation for it.

Whether the company can provide you with the correct documentation depends on, firstly, whether they are authorised to employ foreigners, and if they are, whether they can get permission from the local authorities to employ you.

If you have the necessary credentials, there should be no problem. If not, it depends on what kind of relationship the company has with the local authorities.

But at the end of the day, since the company made no effort to supply you with the necessary documents for a Z visa, and tried to get you to go on an F visa instead, my guess is that they are not authorised to employ foreigners.

Being 21, with no work experience, and terrible English, I think you will find it hard to find a school that is able and willing to supply you with the materials for a Z visa.

• Like 1

• New Members

What a lot of garbage.

You can only be employed under a Z visa, note the word "employed". Z is not a work visa. Consequently there must be an employer, who also must apply to employ you. There is no general permission for companies, or absence of permission, to employ foreigners any more. There is no work visa in China as we know it in the west. You can also work under an F visa, which means that you are not employed but here as a temporary visitor for a shorter time for the purpose of doing something specific (working), usually up to six months and typically three months. Other visas people can work under is as a permanent resident or as a journalist for instance.

The opposite is the L visa which is a non-employment visa and encompasses tourist visas, usually one to three months, and so called family visas, which are usually automatically provided to non citizen family members and in some places allow limited work, for instance in a family company. You just helping out a bit. It depends where you are in China.

An F visa is usually only issued for up to six months, it used to be a year, and normally you need an invitation from a local company, and to be an experienced "expert" in some professional discipline, but you can get an F visa in for instance Hong Kong via agents. In other words, you can legally work on a F visa if those criteria are met in the view of the immigration on the location. Age is an asset respected, but otherwise has nothing to do with it.

Then it depends on the place of work. It is much easier in western China than in the coastal cities.

It you have a student visa, you are barred from any work.

It also depends on your passport and nationality, some nationalities have a lot more difficult than others, some must apply in their country of citizenship, and it also depends on where you apply and your track record in China.

Chongqing in western China is a place that will need a lot of teachers as the government upgrades the school system over the coming months.

To have these TOFL and similar papers is incredibly hyped up by those who are selling them. An academic degree and especially experience counts for a lot.

• Like 1