Chinese-Forums

Jinan University "Zhongwen" texts and courseware online

querido

• 2 months later...

This series is not a normal commercial product. It's free from the website above (I'm guessing for the same reason P.E.P. Yuwen has been freely viewable online) because it's produced courtesy of the Chinese government for schools abroad, etc, as Meng Lelan mentions below. Your local school of this type or, I'm told, an embassy or consulate, would be the place to look for hard copies.

Yes, that's the series widely used in mainland Chinese heritage students in the US that replaced the Yuwen series. It is okay for children but not necessarily for adults. When I took over an adult intermediate Chinese class at the local heritage school three years ago, the students begged me to take them off the Jinan Zhongwen series (which they studied under with a prior teacher - they were up to level two or three at the time) and find some text more "age appropriate" because they were reading stories about monkeys and frogs. Not something that was going to help them travel in China.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...