Chinese-Forums

1 week in BJ - hostels or dorm for non-student?

Jikolp

Dear everybody,

This summer Im studying in Harbin, but due to flight schedule I will have 10 days after the course ends. I hope I can stay in my Harbin dorm a bit longer, but probably I still have to look for accodomodation in BJ, for about 2-3-4-5 days, depending on when I can get a train ticket and how long I can stay in my Harbin dorm.

I was wondering if anybody knows a safe youth hostel where I could get a single bed room with a shower for not really more than 15 EUR/night. Ihave looked some on the net and what my parents could accept (look okay) is around 17 EUR/night, but I don´t know how much to trust the description of these, how safe it is to stay at such places for a single female student travele like me.

Also, staying at one of the Beijing university dorms would be the best, the safest and the cheapest option (I was thinking about Beijing Normal Uni, since they also announce "Visitor" price). What do you know about this? Is there an option for non-students to stay in the dorms as visitors (and not in the most expensive dorm), and also to tell it in advance so that the accomodation would be for sure? I have checked some hotels, too, but 200-300 RMB for a night is a price I cannot afford. What I´m looking for should be not more than 150 RMB/night (+/-15rmb) and should be a single bed or a double bed for single use with bathroom.

I would really appreciate your help, since it´s not my first time in China, but the first time Im doing huge distances in China alone, Im also an East European young girl travelling alone and my parents are really worried about me, so I would be really grateful if you could suggest me some cheap and SAFE options.

Any help much appreciated, thank you very much! :)

C.

• Like 1

If you've been studying Chinese and want to stay at place without so many foreigners, then look at the various hotels under the 云龙之星 Yunlong Zhi Xing banner. Rooms as low as 118RMB, with promotions sometimes even cheaper.

You need to make a reservation to get the best price, and the website's in Chinese, but all the branches accept foreigners. These are basic hotels, not fancy, but generally clean and simple, though don't expect any English at the reception desk.

http://www.yunlongs.com.cn/

Managed to bargain the room price down to 118 RMB after arriving! Rooms are small but clean and comfortable with decent bathroom and shower. Would definitely recommend for people looking for a cheap place to stay for a couple of nights. Also very convenient for a trip out to the airport as the 东直门 line goes there direct.

Thanks for the tip 889!

• Like 1