Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
Chinadoog

What was the last Chinese film you watched?

Chinadoog

Hey guys. What's the last Chinese film that you watched?

The last one I watched is called Blind Shaft (盲井). It's really good and creepy. Definitely worth checking out!

• Like 1

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

muirm

We just watched a film called 一聲嘆息. It is essentially the story of an extra-marital affair in modern day China. It was okay, but not really my cup of tea as far as movies go.

gougou

The last movie I watched was 滚拉拉的枪, a great movie about the life of Miao villagers in rural Guizhou. Heartily recommended to anybody who wants to learn more about rural China and in the process see some heartwarmingly kind people.

I watched the screening at the Broadway Cinematheque, where the director was present and told some awesome stories about the filming of the movie, which used only amateur actors. For instance, one of the main actors, the 80-some year old grandmother of the protagonist, apparently was just as hard to deal with as your average movie star, sometimes declaring in the middle of a take that she had enough for the day and that they could continue the next day.

skylee

It was 葉問2.

MakMak

I want to watch 葉問2! :D I loved the first one! Last one I watched was 十月圍城. I recommend it and I also recommend not overwatching the trailer too!

Benzi

I watched Assembly..didn't really like it, some good parts, but overall disappointing (or I missed the hidden plot?)

HerrPetersen

I watched "The Jungle Book" in Chinese. Hope that counts :)

• Like 2

Sinanthropus

red cliff/Chi Bi... china version, epic. I realise it was released two years ago, but only got round to watching it recently.

aristotle1990

Kung Fu Panda (功夫熊猫) in Chinese. Kinda ran out of Chinese movies I wanted to see, and I thought if I had to start watching American movies dubbed in Mandarin, it'd be better/more authentic if they had something to do with China.

Besides, aren't most movies originally filmed in Chinese just redubbed in Chinese anyway? :P

• Like 2

Dashu

畫皮 (Painted Skin).

Awesome movie, although I didn't understand much the first time I saw it.

jbradfor

Tai Chi Master.

Really liked it. Thought it was one of the more enjoyable kungfu movies I've seen in a while.

Gleaves

The last movie I watched in Chinese was a Detective Conan movie dub (名侦探柯南:引爆摩天楼)

The last Chinese movie I watched was Internal Affairs (无间道). I was really late on that one.

• Like 1

SiMaKe

I also enjoyed 我的父亲母亲 (The Road Home). Have seen it a couple of times.

Similarly for

饮食男女 (Eat, Drink, Man, Woman)

推手 (Pushing Hands).

Another one, by Zhang Yimou, is

活着 (To Live).

Actually, the last movie I saw was 叶问2:宗师传奇(Ip Man 2) in a theater shortly after it was released. This was my first introduction to the story of Yip Man and the link to Bruce Lee. (I know, what planet have I been living on. :rolleyes: )

• Helpful 1

Jane_PA

I watched 走路上学 in the U.S. a couple of months ago. That is a good movie except for some plot was too dramatic...

doraemon

I don't watch as many Chinese movies as I do for dramas, but this was also the film I last watched.

jbradfor

Just watched Overheard today. [i assume Hong Kong movies count?] Overall liked it a lot as well, not at all a typical HK crime drama. And rather sad, although with a cathartic ending.

skylee

It has now become 唐山大地震.

liuzhou

歲月神偷 (Echoes of the Rainbow)

IMDB