Chinese-Forums

What was the last Chinese film you watched?

Chinadoog

The last movie I watched was 滚拉拉的枪, a great movie about the life of Miao villagers in rural Guizhou. Heartily recommended to anybody who wants to learn more about rural China and in the process see some heartwarmingly kind people.

I watched the screening at the Broadway Cinematheque, where the director was present and told some awesome stories about the filming of the movie, which used only amateur actors. For instance, one of the main actors, the 80-some year old grandmother of the protagonist, apparently was just as hard to deal with as your average movie star, sometimes declaring in the middle of a take that she had enough for the day and that they could continue the next day.

Kung Fu Panda (功夫熊猫) in Chinese. Kinda ran out of Chinese movies I wanted to see, and I thought if I had to start watching American movies dubbed in Mandarin, it'd be better/more authentic if they had something to do with China.

Besides, aren't most movies originally filmed in Chinese just redubbed in Chinese anyway? :P

• Like 2

The last movie I watched in Chinese was a Detective Conan movie dub (名侦探柯南:引爆摩天楼)

The last Chinese movie I watched was Internal Affairs (无间道). I was really late on that one.

• Like 1

I also enjoyed 我的父亲母亲 (The Road Home). Have seen it a couple of times.

Similarly for

饮食男女 (Eat, Drink, Man, Woman)

推手 (Pushing Hands).

Another one, by Zhang Yimou, is

活着 (To Live).

Actually, the last movie I saw was 叶问2:宗师传奇(Ip Man 2) in a theater shortly after it was released. This was my first introduction to the story of Yip Man and the link to Bruce Lee. (I know, what planet have I been living on. :rolleyes: )

• Helpful 1