Chinese-Forums

BLCU Fitness Center

GreyMatter

I heard from a friend that BLCU has a nice exercise fitness center with lots of weights and machines. Does anyone have any experience with this facillity? Is the BLCU campus good for fitness buffs that do weight training and running? I'd love to have some nice trails or walkways where I could get a nice peaceful run after a hard day studying. Anyone have any info?

BLCU's fitness center is called Fusion. It's ok, but it's main problem is it's quite, quite small. as a semester starts, it's way too crowded to go in and get an efficient workout. You either have to go in really early, or not at all. It's equipment isn't as good as it could, or should be. There's a new fitness place beihind HuaQingJia Yuan (the tall buildings next to Wudaokou Station) on the road that goes to Tsinghua's South-facing East Gate (the main gate). They have lots of different classes, have a limit on members (so it won't get too crowded) TV's on running machines, etc. and is generally better overall (though it's a bit pricier. ($3000 for year, I believe is what my friend said).