Chinese-Forums

New HSK Vocab Lists

aristotle1990

These are the lists for the New HSK (汉语水平考试), which, unlike the old one, has only 6 levels, the highest of which (level 6) has only 5000 words. See here.

@yakeyglee

Well, it's not exactly the same thing, but there's a 8000-word word list for Taiwan's official Test of Proficiency in xls format (in traditional characters, of course). It's conveniently separated into 初等, 中等, and 高等. Get it here.

Dammit...I just spent so much time and 功夫 converting that freaking csv file into an Anki deck, only to upload it and realize that someone uploaded a deck based on the same data just 5 days ago. Sigh.

Hey guys, that was me who uploaded the deck.

Just wanted to let everyone know that yesterday I updated the deck to fix the problems that it had with incorrect tones for some of the audio as well as the colorization of the Hanzi with regard to tones (if you don't want to use color for Hanzi, you can just change the card template to use %(Expression)s instead of %(Color)s).

Also, be aware that not all off the Hanzi are labeled with the correct level. I was able to fix some, but there are still 16 that are tagged incorrectly.

• Like 2

Hi everyone. I'm the person who made and posted the HSK lists on my blog.

I've made the corrections that rcloud19 told me about. If you find any other errors or problems let me know on my blog (I don't always get the PM messages).

I actually made the lists on my website Lingomi. It makes it much easier to create lists like this than normal methods (and the list maker is free). And you get to export your list to an excel file. Check it out if you're interested.

Hope you check out some blog posts while you're there. And maybe even check out my website.

• Like 2

I've been using the 20,000 example sentences Anki deck based on the old HSK wordlists. Is there a reason to switch to these newer wordlists? Are the new ones just stripped-down versions of the old?

If there's a lot of less relevant/usable stuff in the old wordlists, I'm open to switching.

Thank you for your efforts! I briefly looked at the HSK_Level_6_(New_HSK).csv list and believe the following 3 items are incorrect:

1. 巷 xiang4 lane; alley

marked as level 2, should be level 6

2. 反应 fan3 ying4 to react; to respond; reaction; response; reply; c... level 4

this should be: fan3 ying4 (反映): to mirror; to reflect

乙 yi3 second of 10 heavenly stems 十天干; second in order; ... level 4

以 yi3 to use as; according to; because of level 5

乙 is not in the level 4 list, but 以 is

I just randomly spotted these errors (the marked level seemed weird to me each time), I didn't loop over the list.

Strangely the list seems to contain a few more entries than the syllabus, and the order is different in some places.

The lists have more words than the syllabus because of words like ”这/这儿“ and ”那/那儿“. The syllabus lists these as one word, but I listed them as two.

I'm not sure what you mean by the order is different. The order of the lists should be by pinyin. Unfortunately, the syllabus sometimes put some levels in pinyin order and others it went by pinyin/character order.

If you find any specific issues, please mention them. :P

• Like 1

Ah, I see, I'm after an exact list identical, in the same order with numbers.

It's ok, I've got a small army of typists (students) helping me build an exact replica for my needs.

It really is a great job you did however. When my list is complete I might write a script to test the 2 against each other and search for variances.

It's a pretty remote chance we'd both have the exact same mistakes.