Chinese-Forums

Gym at Tsinghua?

calif90071

Does anyone have any idea if Tsinghua University in Beijing has a gym for students? I visited the so-called "Sports Center", which appears to be nothing more than some sort of arena (someone please correct me if this is wrong). I'm looking for something on campus where one could lift weights or jog...or is there only the plethora of basketball/tennis courts and the swimming complex?

Hi there,

I googled this before I came to China (arrived this week) but lost the Link. Maybe I'll find it again, I'll try. A Chinese Student told me that there is one near the Maingate at the South. I will meet him again tomorrow and ask him again, maybe he can give me some details. If you find one please tell us, would be great.

Thanks allready.

___

Edit: OK, found the links again. Actually they were posted in this forum ;)

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/7459-lifestyle-gyms-near-beida-tsinghua/

http://www.thebeijinger.com/forum/2008/12/05/Gym-Near-Tsinghua

I think I will check out the Fusion Fitness Center next week or so. First need some new Indoor Sport Shoes and Shorts, had no more space in my case ;)

• New Members

I'm in the same boat. I checked out Tsinghua's Sport Center and couldn't find a weight room either. I saw a place called Nirvana Fitness in Wudaokou that looks like it has weights, although people in forums have commented that membership is pricey. Anyone else know of places to workout near Tsinghua?

didn't have the time to check out the mentioned Gym yet. I'll try tomorrow, maybe a Chinese Student can help me finding it.

I also have a further question: You think they have air-filters in their gyms? I wanted to go there for some Running on the treadmill because a chinese student advised me not to run outside because of the smog.

when i was there last summer there was gym inside with the indoor track facility. my friends and i called it the dungeon bc it was dark and had some of the biggest chinese people we have ever seen. they have some very basic stuff there, like a flat bench, a squat rack, a smith machine, and a bunch of platforms. no dumbbells and not many weights either, but we used to go for free so we didn't care. try to look it up if you havent already signed up.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking specifically for a gym that hosts Les Mills classes (Body Pump, Body Attack, others...) near 清华大学.

I know there's one right next to 北大, which for me is a plus, but I would rather go to 清华大学 for my Chinese learning (still deciding on my Uni)

Thanks