Chinese-Forums

1-on-1 Mandarin - opinions, reviews, stories?

amandagmu

Hey everyone, I'm considering taking lessons with 1-on-1 mandarin once I get to Beijing. I did a few lessons online with them and liked the format (mostly I did review of a book I'd used in a previous class). I thought the teacher they set me up with seemed reputable and the school laid back, not requiring me to fork over a lot of money to take a few lessons. Since I'm at a weird low-advanced level and need to mostly improve my spoken Chinese in a special topic, I thought that their 1-on-1 format would cater to my needs once I get to Beijing. I like the video testimonials on their website, their excellent service and response to my numerous inquiries, and their price seems decent for what I need. However, I thought I should still come here and see if I could gather some more feedback from others. Has anyone gone to school and taken classes in person? What is your feeling? I currently feel confident the method would work for me, but I know when I attended ICLP there were positives and negatives to that program (and I tended to have mixed feelings myself). I was surprised I couldn't find many reviews about this school on chinese forums, and most were outdated (1-2 years).

So, if you have used this school, could you post about your experience on here, including some of the positives/negatives about it?

Thanks!